FFXII - Basch's Flame Purge..
Been playing this game for around 60 hours so far and the game runs very nicely, 60fps pretty much all the time @ 3 x Native using the GSDX r5350 plugin, all recommended hacks with EE cyclerate '2'.

Now I can get around the slowdown which I assume is post process related by enabling HW hacks and changing 'Skipdraw'to '1'.

The only problem is it makes the game looks a bit crappy.. Seems to remove all the post process effects completely.

Is there any other way around this? Is it a bug in the emulation? Or is it simply a pain in the arse to emulate without a beast of a machine?

Thanks for the help!

(I'm using a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz and a GTX470 with Win 7 32bit.)
i7 4790K @ 4.4 + H105 / EVGA GTX780 SC / MSI Z97M Gaming
16GB HyperX Beast / Seasonic Platinum 1050W/ Air 240
MX100 512GB / WD Black 4TB / WD Green 6TB / W7 x64

Sponsored links

How about SW mode?
Flame Purge always causes the GS to bottleneck.

Even with a beast of a machine, I doubt you'd get more than 30fps during the explosion.
Acer Aspire V3-571
CPU: Intel i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz (overclocked)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1760MB)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3

Playing: FFX-2
Flame Purge performs multiple framebuffer effects on different area's of the screen at once. This requires a beastly framebuffer bandwidth when using what i would consider "excessive" internal scaling.
alpha hack and skip draw hack to 1 and it is fixed
maybe alpha hack is enough but not sure about this because i am not that far into the game yet.
(09-01-2012, 04:59 PM)warWeeny Wrote: alpha hack and skip draw hack to 1 and it is fixed
maybe alpha hack is enough but not sure about this because i am not that far into the game yet.

Needs skip draw. I was already using Alpha hack and got the slow down. Skip Draw + Alpha hack works.