FFXII: Extremely Low fps issue
Oooh, this is all rather technical to a clueless noob like myself.
Okay, where can I get this stable version?
I went to the SVN page and pressed "Download!" for the most recent one and then downloaded it from the google code page that it led me to. The file downloaded was a 7z file, an archive file. Is there something I can do with this one or should I delete it and look for the stable version? if you wouldn't mind directing me to it, of course!

Sponsored links

(01-11-2013, 03:25 AM)Lexaus Wrote: Oooh, this is all rather technical to a clueless noob like myself.
Okay, where can I get this stable version?
I went to the SVN page and pressed "Download!" for the most recent one and then downloaded it from the google code page that it led me to. The file downloaded was a 7z file, an archive file. Is there something I can do with this one or should I delete it and look for the stable version? if you wouldn't mind directing me to it, of course!

7z is a compressing format, like zip or rar. My advice is getting the 7zip application and installing it, besides being free it is complete.

Just unpack the SVN version into a PCSX2 named folder and create an empty file called portable.ini if none is there, this is to tell PCSX2 to use it's own structure.

If going to install the stable first, just get the executable version and run it.

Edit: wait, you ended in the google source page? so you get to the "actual" SVN which needs to be compiled.

the ones you need are from this page: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
Imagination is where we are truly real
(01-11-2013, 03:34 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: 7z is a compressing format, like zip or rar. My advice is getting the 7zip application and installing it, besides being free it is complete.

Just unpack the SVN version into a PCSX2 named folder and create an empty file called portable.ini if none is there, this is to tell PCSX2 to use it's own structure.

If going to install the stable first, just get the executable version and run it.

Edit: wait, you ended in the google source page? so you get to the "actual" SVN which needs to be compiled.

the ones you need are from this page: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Yeahhh, I know what 7z is, more or less.

Alright, let me see if I'm getting this right? I just take the 7z file, and unpack it in the C:/Program Files/PCSX2. And that's all?
Also, how do I create the portable.ini, is there anything to it or should I just copy an existing .ini file and delete everything?

Yeah, that page, is where I found it, I downloaded the top most one there!

EDIT: Okay, I unpacked it there, and there appears to already be one there. I hope I did this right, going to try to run the game now :o
EDIT 2: Nothing seems to have changed, I probably did this wrong...
Also, woah, I thought this was like a patch. This is more of an update than anything :o
and since doing this, my iso's don't even open. It says there is a C++ runtime error. Ugh. I'm hopeless.
(01-11-2013, 03:50 AM)Lexaus Wrote: Yeahhh, I know what 7z is, more or less.

Alright, let me see if I'm getting this right? I just take the 7z file, and unpack it in the C:/Program Files/PCSX2. And that's all?
Also, how do I create the portable.ini, is there anything to it or should I just copy an existing .ini file and delete everything?

Yeah, that page, is where I found it, I downloaded the top most one there!

EDIT: Okay, I unpacked it there, and there appears to already be one there. I hope I did this right, going to try to run the game now :o
EDIT 2: Nothing seems to have changed, I probably did this wrong...
Also, woah, I thought this was like a patch. This is more of an update than anything :o
and since doing this, my iso's don't even open. It says there is a C++ runtime error. Ugh. I'm hopeless.

Lets start from the end:

Yes, it is an entirely new version over the .98 and you may need to get the most recent directX to run it (hence the advice to run the installer first for it points to MS sites with that last version.

That one already there is the old .98 (I should imagine it was there), and then it's ini files will be active, what shouldn't.

Then let's create a step by step procedure.

1 - You may keep the two versions if want but there is no need to keep the .98, you decide if uninstall it or otherwise.

2 - If opting to keep the previous version, unpack the new one at a new directory, create one called C:\PCSX2 and unpack there. Once it is done open a new file in notepad and just save it as portable.txt, quit and rename it so it becomes portable.ini. The function of that file is to tell PCSX2 to look for the plugins, ini files and etc in it's own directory structure instead Documents or wherever else. This is great for the emulator becomes really portable and you can just copy the whole PCSX2 folder to a pendrive and copy it on another machine and it will work fine and keeping the configurations.

3 - Run the new PCSX2.exe, it will bring a wizard and then create the correct ini files.

You can keep everything at default, just make sure to copy the BIOS to the correct directory.

4 - Once it is done you will need to config the gamepad, you can keep the other plugins at default for now.

If DirectX is up to date you should not have problems anymore.

Edit: Creating that C:\PCSX2 is highly advisable independent of deciding weather to keep the previous version or not. That's because from a proper directory you could move to a windows Vista, win7 or win8 machine and it will still work, what could not be true if in that C:\Program files
Ahhh thanks a lot for the instructions, my friend! That's what I needed. But when I followed your instructions there. I ended up receiving this error message whenever I try to load the iso.
(01-11-2013, 11:05 PM)Lexaus Wrote: Ahhh thanks a lot for the instructions, my friend! That's what I needed. But when I followed your instructions there. I ended up receiving this error message whenever I try to load the iso.

Strange, the message seems to point the C++ runtime as the guilt. Most games and I believe Windows itself already has/install that runtime. I'm not sure if it must be updated as the directX needs.

The runtime is just a support and has nothing to do with need to compile.

Better is getting the installer version and installing it over that folder you created, that is to grant all the files and dependencies will be supplied. Once you get it working you may unpack/copy the latest precompiled SVN version over it.

PS: Don't skip any step, you'll need to update the DirectX and whatever else prompted to download and install, because the ones in your machine are probably outdated.
can you post your emulog.txt after you get that error from the logs directory? there is an error in the console with a source reference id like to see.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

My directX is the most recent update available for windows XP, the installer for it said as much.
Would you mind linking me to where I can get this installer version? Because the 7z that I unpacked did not actually contain one. Perhaps, I'm doing what you said, but with the wrong things.

The emulog? Of course!
Code:
Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
RADEON X300 Series (6.14.10.6587)
C:\PCSX2\pcsx2-5496-windows-x86(1)\pcsx2-5496-windows-x86\resource(1671,15): error X4532: texlod not supported on this target

Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\Emu\PS ROMS\FINAL_FANTASY_12.ISO
    Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1985600 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
(pxActionEvent) The MTGS thread has become unresponsive while waiting for the GS plugin to open.(thread:EE Core)
Closing plugins...
    Closing DEV9
    Closing FW
    Closing USB
    Closing CDVD
    Closing SPU2
    Closing PAD
    Closing GS
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure.  Plugins unloaded.

Well, regardless of this SVN thing. I think the problem mainly occurs when there is a detailed background. If there is an open sky or something, I experience fps of about 40-50, in which the game runs great. But if there's detail, or a cutscene it drops to 7-20.
Hm try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328

Although keep in mind your graphics card is really old and could be the problem here
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]