FFXII FMV's / Software mode
I recently started playing FFXII on pcsx2 and i must say it runs very nice on my system. I get full FPS most of the time, in a higher resolution than on the ps2.

The only thing that's really messed up are the FMV's. The ingame cutscenes run just fine (only sometimes a bit low FPS), only the really nice movies (FMV's) run terribly. Low FPS, the screen turns black every 2 seconds, lagging audio,..

Now i've heard that the fmv's runs better in software mode (by pressing F9), but when i press F9 nothing happens! here's my settings:

GSdx 890 SSE2 0.1.14
Direct3D9 (hardware)
Pixel Shader 2
No Interlacing
D3D: 1280x800
Texture filtering, logarithmic Z & Alpha correction enabled

SSSPSD PAD plugin
Linuz ISO
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6

System:
Windows XP SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,53 ghz
2 GB RAM
Nvidea 8600 GT(M) 512 MB

Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

grab the latest pcsx2 beta and gsdx plugin, then try again
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Already tried that, but sadly, the problem remains.
If you have any speed hacks (especially cycle stealing), turn them all off and try again. If it works turn them on, one at a time.
Thanks a bunch! I (strangly) hadn't thought of that. It is a big improvement! the cinematics are almost watchable now, but still not perfect. The framerate is about 80% most of the time, but I still get the black flickering screen, albeit less frequent. You think I could get it to go away entirely? The audio is a lot better now too.

cheers
(07-13-2009, 08:11 PM)DommeZebra Wrote: Thanks a bunch! I (strangly) hadn't thought of that. It is a big improvement! the cinematics are almost watchable now, but still not perfect. The framerate is about 80% most of the time, but I still get the black flickering screen, albeit less frequent. You think I could get it to go away entirely? The audio is a lot better now too.

cheers

select lilypad as your pad plugin and check if switching to software mode with F9 works then. oh and for me the fmvs are displayed more or less correctly in hardware mode if set to native resolution and with blend bff as deinterlacing filter, but they are considerably darker than in software mode and more important hardware mode is not faster than software mode for the fmvs. also in hardware mode the subtitles are not displayed correctly (i'm running the ger-pal version). so, i don't see any reason to not use the software mode for the fmvs at all Wink (...yet)
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
That's interesting. I have 70-90FPS during FMVs and 30-46FPS in game with a 8600m GT video card on my notebook. If I switch on software mode... well I don't dream about playing Laugh.
70-90fps during fmvs? i barely manage to achive 45...
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I guess Shinsou has NTSC FFXII and zero29 has PAL FFXII, would explain it.
hmm weird i always get 60fps while fmv's just use the latest beta/gsdx
as for speedhacks set vu cycle stealing to slight..

specs
q6600 2.4ghz
4gb ram
9600gt 512mb