FFXII Graphic Glitch - Help with settings?
I'm having a weird graphics glitch with Final Fantasy XII where some times there will be multicolored lines or planes stretching across the screen, or some times textures don't load properly (either all black, or just the base color of the texture... like the ground will be all brown where there should be sand, but no actual sand texture).

Most of the time the game runs fine, but some times the glitch will originate from a cutscene and then carry over to gameplay after that cutscene.

I've scoured all over google trying to find threads with similar problems and fixes, but I've tried the settings said threads suggested and I'm still having the same issues. I'm sure I'm missing something. I'm able to run the game at full speed no problem, it's just the texture issues.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/mNRPL9b.jpg

Behind Vaan there is a blue texture deformity against the wall, and just under Migelo are the prismatic type lines that pop up and they can follow characters, so I think that particular part can be a shadow issue.

PC specs:

CPU: i7-3770k @3.50GHz
Mother Board: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 670 GTX
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM

PCSX2 settings:

http://i.imgur.com/GbT6myz.jpg

Things I've tried:
- turning off hardware hacks for gsdx, playing with different settings there
- messing with VU and EE/IOP settings
- turning off speedhacks (game runs at full speed anyway)
- I have latest SVN build (fb5b7a3) and have tried with a previous build, same results
- all drivers are up to date (gpu, dx, etc)

Maybe it's just something simple, but I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable with specific settings can help me pinpoint which part I've gone wrong with.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm using GSdx32-SSE4 graphics plugin.

Sponsored links

Try using the latest beta drivers for your graphics card
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Put MSAA to 0 instead of x4 and it should help. There is a reason its listed under HACKS it causes issues in some games like this and Kingdom Hearts.

Update to the latest NVIDIA drivers as well as switch to the GSDX AVX plugin instead of the SSE4 one your CPU can handle the AVX plugin just fine.
Ok I swapped to the AVX plugin, turned off the MSAA, and flipped off half-pixel offset (seemed to be the main culprit) and so far it's looking good. I'll have to lay off the hardware hacks from now on, I guess I was a bit overzealous just trying to make the game look as good as possible. Thanks Topken.

Just a general note though, if my games are always running full speed and the only issue I might have is with textures or general graphical glitches, should I be messing with the EE/IOP settings at all or do those really only affect speed/playability?

The most confusing part of configuring PCSX for games is knowing how/when to change the settings for EE/IOP and VUs. Generally if I have any issues with games, it has been graphical glitches, never any issue with game speed or actual playability. I just need to understand more how those settings work so I can adjust as needed for games.
not many games need any changes to those settings. usually if there is a change that needs to be made then it's noted in the compatibility report for it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]