FFXII Issues
Hi y'all I'm new to the forums, mostly because I finally got a laptop which is worth gaming on. However, I can't get FFXII to play perfectly, even after reading lots of threads and trying many different GS plugins.

The latest GSdx plugin (5334 MSVC 16.00, AVX 0.1.16) is obviously the first choice, but menus have horrible lag on any resolution other than native. Playing on native is the obvious solution, but also, some textures are missing.

My config is:
Processor: i7, 2.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
RAM: 6GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)

I thought it would be more than enough to play the game smoothly, atleast at 2x resolution (native looks horrible) but there's menu lag. Tried older plugins, textures load, but CPU load goes to 99% in menus and I've got crashes.

I hope this was the correct section to post in, I couldn't see any dedicated "Help" section. I'd appreciate any help, I never finished FFXII on my PS2 and I want to remedy that now...

Sponsored links

What model of i7 is it ?
Keep in mind 2.4 ghz is a bit weak for pcsx2.

Think about setting your power plan to performance mode,
And disable 8bit textures to solve the menu slowness problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The processor is the 3630QM model.. the game plays at 60 fps at 2x and even 3x resolutions in the game world, it's just that completely overloads the CPU in mens and gives a huge slowdown.
And 8-bit textures are disabled, power plan is also set for performance... So yeah...
I wouldn't mind the native resolution, but the missing textures are still there.
Cant be CPU overload in menus ,8 bit or without 8 bit ,or maybe i need to play more Laugh
Missing textures ?Wacko Region of game? Maybe bad disc dump?
It's a US game with US bios. The disc gives varying results to different plugins, but it works, so a bad dump seems unlikely... I guess I'll chalk it up to my specs not being good enough, seeing as how this doesn't seem to affect anyone else.
Thanks for the replies.. atleast Persona 4 works good enough Smile I'll make do with FFXII however it works.
The posts about FFXII makes me wonder if FFXII isn't actually better as a benchmark then FFX-2
(01-13-2013, 01:58 PM)gamerteen_11 Wrote: Hi y'all I'm new to the forums, mostly because I finally got a laptop which is worth gaming on. However, I can't get FFXII to play perfectly, even after reading lots of threads and trying many different GS plugins.

The latest GSdx plugin (5334 MSVC 16.00, AVX 0.1.16) is obviously the first choice, but menus have horrible lag on any resolution other than native. Playing on native is the obvious solution, but also, some textures are missing.

My config is:
Processor: i7, 2.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
RAM: 6GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)

I thought it would be more than enough to play the game smoothly, atleast at 2x resolution (native looks horrible) but there's menu lag. Tried older plugins, textures load, but CPU load goes to 99% in menus and I've got crashes.

I hope this was the correct section to post in, I couldn't see any dedicated "Help" section. I'd appreciate any help, I never finished FFXII on my PS2 and I want to remedy that now...

Care to post your exact GSdx configuration? Take a screenshot of the window. Also got any speed hacks on?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Make sure laptop is running in High Performance mode as well otherwise your cpu is underclocked. Which will of course make things slow and enable MTVU hack as well if you haven't already.
Tried with all 5 speedhacks and with only INTSC enabled, yet there wasn't any improvement in the plugin that prevents missing textures.

GSdx, it seems, gives correct textures and slow speeds while using DX9 plugins and missing textures but good speeds with DX11, whereas DX10 doesn't work at all (seeing as how I read that DX10 and DX11 have no difference as of now, I don't think that's much of an issue.)

[Image: gsdxconfig.png]

[Image: pluginconfig.png]

Wow, I managed to upload a pic.. I hope it was done correctly..

EDIT: I always make sure that my laptop is on high performance when I play any game. But would overclocking the CPU/GPU really solve missing textures? Or maybe it would give a speedup in the old GSdx plugin which gives correct textures but slow speed...
*a wild WarWeeny apeares!*

WarWeeny used solution!

1- download the latest svn
2- use 2x resolution the card should handle that with ease
3 go to hw hacks in the gs plugin and select skipdraw to 1 (this will fix some extreme lagging in some quickenings)
4 go to speedhacks and use mtvu hack and EE cycle rate to 2
5 go enjoy!

*its super effective!*

*WarWeeny has fled the topic*