FFXII Potion Freeze
Hello people. I'm not new to emulators, but I am new to PCSX2. I'm using V1.0 and so far the mojority of games I've tried to run work well, with the exception of Max Payne (texture problems) and Oni (plays intro but wont load title screen), both Rockstar games consequently. GTA3 seems to work fine though.

The reason I'm posting however is for some help with Final Fantasy 12. The game seems to run fine until I try to use poitions. When I do, the graphics freeze but the music plays on. Does anyone know a solution to this problem...other than not using potions?

When starting the game as Reks (Vaans brother), theres no problem when members of my party use potions on me, but when I try to use them manualy as Reks or Vaan the problem occurs.

I've searched the forum for info concerning this issue but found nothing.

Sponsored links

can you please post the emulog.txt after this kind of crash ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OK, I've attached the .txt log. From what I could see, there was no change in the log after freezing...but I hope this helps somehow.

Attached Files
.txt   FFXII_PotionFreeze_log.txt (Size: 43,61 KB / Downloads: 286)
did you try restartting from memcard instead of loading savestate ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, I tried loading from the save state and from the mem card. I did just double check to be sure though..and yeah, it still freezes. I also Played around with a few other settings that meant the difference between other games working smoothly or not..such as the video plug in and speed hacks (which I generaly keep all the way down by default), but nothing seems to help...Oh well, I guess we can't win them all..
have you tried using a recent SVN version to see if it has been fixed since the release? You can get it from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

That seems to have done it refraction. I just successfuly used a potion...Thanks for your time guys!!

EDIT: I've tried to look it up but still can't be sure what the significance of the SVN is. So...what role does it play?
Is is "newer" than regular releases.