FFXII and Kingdom hearts 1 random crashes
Hey, so I'm wondering if I can get some help with this.
first off specs
i5 [email protected]
8gb dual channel ddr3@1333
Nvidia GTX 260 896mb

Settings I'm using
GSDX 5125 sse41 -
d3d10
4xnative scaling
texture filtering

[Image: mg7RH.png]
[Image: h75wp.png]
[Image: titMo.png]
[Image: ijY7c.png]
[Image: knzsm.png]

And onto the problem. Final fantasy XII will randomly crash during the starting cinematics. Either once you start a new game or before that. I had some issues with it running from disc originally, but now the iso seems to be even worse Wacko

Kingdom hearts I was playing fine, smooth lovely and what not, some issues with the controller (using xbox360 pad) where certain directions would make him walk rather than run. Minor annoyance. But the game suddenly hung up and crashed during the 2nd fetch mission at the beach (start)

Also if anyone knows a good config that'd work for me with shadow of the colossus that'd be great. Tried running that, but was only around 30-40fps and super slow mode. Thanks. Let me know if more details are needed or post needs to be cleaned up.

edit - just saw post about pal ffXII and mtvu hack on 1st page, will have a play with that as I'm using pal version.

Sponsored links

erm, i believe FFXII needs extended or preserve sign set in either the EE or VU tab...
(03-13-2012, 07:08 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: erm, i believe FFXII needs extended or preserve sign set in either the EE or VU tab...
He`s using the Pal version of the game, i posted a similar observation, seems to only effect the Pal version and is caused using the MTVU hack. Disable it, load the game then re-enable it once ingame. Souldnt need to mess with extended or preserve sighn`s Smile as i never have and i dont have issues Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Quote:Kingdom hearts I was playing fine, smooth lovely and what not, some issues with the controller (using xbox360 pad) where certain directions would make him walk rather than run. Minor annoyance. But the game suddenly hung up and crashed during the 2nd fetch mission at the beach (start)

For the run/walk: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-xbox-360-...7#pid22077
For the crash: It should never crash, post the emulog when you get the crash here but the only thing that would do it is either a bad ISO image or some bad settings (the ones you posted above would be ok)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok, so update a little bit. The controller things works great, thanks for that. Not had much of a chance to play about with kingdom hearts 1 again yet. But I did try out a bunch of things with FFXII. All still resulting in crashing in the first cut scene when you start the game. At seemingly random times, never in the same place.
I turned mtvu off. I tried with the extra and preserve signs in ee and vu. And I tried from the iso and running from the dvd itself. All crashing in that cutscene. If I skip it, I can get to gameplay, but as I've still not completed the game, I'd rather not go very far and have to skip cutscenes or fear of them crashing.

The log seems to be entirly unhelpful to be honest, but I will paste the output from the end here anyway.

EMUlog (from trying with disc)
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
GSdx info: GS reset
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_543.54;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_543.54;1) Game CRC = 0x78DA0252, EntryPoint = 0x00180008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_543.54;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps

Ok, really strange. After I just switched from dvd to the iso, first time I ran it, I was able to watch the whole cutscene through and was able to get to the tutorial without crashing.
So obviously decided to double check, shutdown the program and tried again, and it crashed right at the start of the cutscene, again. Really confusing. This is with settings back to normal by the way, no extra clamp, but mtvu disabled. Anyway, log for that is exactly the same as the one ran from dvd.

Will try kingdom hearts some more when I can Wacko
Okay i can confirm there does seem to be a problem with FFXII(pal), it does indeed crash while starting a new game just after the birds fly in the intro. I think ill make a proper bug report and find out which svn it started going bad
UPDATE: its a Gsdx hardware render issue, it doesnt happen using software mode
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*