FFXII minimum spec?
(04-15-2009, 04:48 PM)yunsabit Wrote:
(04-15-2009, 04:40 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-15-2009, 04:39 PM)yunsabit Wrote: Have you ever considiered that your CPU is weak, too?
not THAT weak, playing Tekken 5 at 30fps

Well, it's my last post in this thread, because it's OT but:

I have a 280gtx, and when I play FFXII I get mostly of the time 55fps+.

There was a time, when I used a slower cpu. AMD @ 2.4 ghz. (Not oced).

It's true that FFXII is gpu limited to an extend but not only. A good cpu is a must have. Not everywhere tho, but with a low cpu you won't get stable fps which are playable and fun.

To come back to my old amd, the difference in speed with the same gpu is big. Really big. A new cpu would help you solve your speed issue. Not only for FFXII.

Considering it as spam, I don't wanted to offend you. But maybe it's better to keep spam out of threads. Jeez, now I'm spamming here, too.

30 FPS is not really fun speed, but if you can bear with it I'm glad for you.

2.2 ghz - or less - is to slow for good ps2 Emulation.

yunsabit

->Last post on this thread.

My 2.2 handles fine, that's my point, however, in ff12, specifically and ONLY, I have to lowball the gfx to have any kind of decient framerate, (I have to take it down to 384x384 by editing the INI) 30 is also a low estimate, it's semi-stable, but fluxuates to low 40s depending on stage. plenty fast enough.

as far as spam, you say my cpu is weak, I made a point to prove otherwise. you're running a high cpu and high gpu. now try that high GPU on the low 2.4 cpu and see what kind of speed you get, it won't be much different, I can bet that

to get back on topic.. if you edit the ini for gsdx you'll get more speed, but I cannot say how much

Sponsored links

Quote:I have a 280gtx, and when I play FFXII I get mostly of the time 55fps+

Well that's weird. You must have either a way too high resolution or a bad configured pcsx2, because even I, with a 2.4Ghz C2D (SSE4.1) and an 8400GT can play at that speed now, at 720x720. 60fps actually most of the time, and that's in rabanastre. I've heard the game speeds up after.

There's no "weak" or "strong" cpu for ps2 emulation (of course, between some limits). It depends more or less on the game. An rpg like this is playable at 45 since it is not a fast paced game. If it was a shooter then no. But it's not.

Quote:now try that high GPU on the low 2.4 cpu and see what kind of speed you get, it won't be much different, I can bet that

I can bet on that too. If i can play 55-60 with a 2.4 when on 720 and under 50 when on 1280, then surely 2.4 is enough and it's GPU limited. Saiki proc is 2.2, mine is 2.4; 200mhz difference won't make even 5fps i can guess. But my my 3d card is faster, that's why the difference. I ca bet if he OC his proc to 2.6 (200mhz more than I am) still he will be a bit slower. Like we said, this game is more GPU limited. Of course... having a weak GPU AND CPU, that's another story =P

But enough of spam =P the thing is you need to update to get better FPS, seems you reached the limit in this game (just like I did. I have to update to play at my screen native res.)
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
I can't oc over 2.4, just for the record, but I choose not to
before upgrade your CPU, please control motherboard specs. Old Motherboards don't support E8*** cpus.
remember that (now) PCSX2 doesn't support quad core optimizations, i reccomend you to buy E8400 or E8500 step E0 and overclock it.
My E8200 @ 3.6 ghz works perfect with latest release and FFXII is perfect. Oh, and buy a good geforce (9800 is ottima :-P )
Don't forget to buy a good heat sink :-)
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Hey Guys.

I have running FF12 on my Laptop. The Game itself runs nice! I have 90% to 100% with my settings. Only in the Game Movies (not with ingame graphics, the real movies) it slows down to 50% and there is no fun watching this. Sound stutters and so on. Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?

Here my Specs and Settings:

Intel Core2Duo P8400 2,26 GHz 1066MHz FSB
4 GB DDR2-800 Ram
NViDiA GeForce 9600M 512MB RAM native
Display 16" 1366x768
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

Settings in PCSX2:
Graphics GSDx10 0.1.14 SSE3 (SSE4.1 is slower i dont know why)
- Resolution: 1366x768 60Hz
- Renderer: Direct3D 10 (Hardware)
- Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
- Interlacing: None
- Apsect Ratio: 16:9
- D3D internal res: 1280x720 (720p)
- SW rend. threads: 1
- NLOOP hack (x)
- Texture filtering (x)
- Alpha correction (x)

Sound:
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 ( with SPU2-X i had more slowdowns in the music and game)
- Volume: 3:loud
- Reverb: 0: No reverb (fastest)
- Interpolation: 2: Gaussian interpolation (good qualitiy)

Cdvdrom:
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
- Game runs from an uncompressed *.iso

Bios:
European Bios v01.60 (4/10/2001) Console

Speedhacks: (without hacks the videos are slow too)
- EE > Use x1.5 Cycle Rate
- Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate

I hope this would help to find a solution for me and others!
When it helps i can upload an DXDiag.txt too!

Thank you guys.
er... try it at native res then see what happens, becuase playing at that res with those specs WITH FFX12 is pretty much overkill
no change with the native resolution. Same low fps while playing the movies.
As i say.. the game itself runs perfect! Only the movies do not.
yes, the CGI movies have issues, using EE 1.5 helps, but it's not perfect
actually I have no problems with the movies besides the occcasial filckering or is that the problem? It runs at full speed
Gar! the real ***** is that the fmv's run perfect for me but the game is horrendous! i have an intel x3100 gma and am running a 2.2 duo core. with 2gb ram. so confusing!