Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFXII very slow
Sad 
Hi all! I need some assistance to get my system running FFXII at a playable speed. Here's my specs:

PCSX2 v 0.9.6
GeForce 9800 GTX+ (Just bought it... very awesome!)
Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz (I know... old!)
3 Gigs of DDR2 RAM
Windows XP Pro 32 bit

I need to know which plug ins, BIOS, etc... I need to get it running as cleanly as possible. Right now I'm averaging 25-35 FPS, despite the brand new graphics card.

Thanks!
Nicole from Los Angeles, CA

Sponsored links

gsdx9
spu-x
bios version is irrelevant

Hacks to use largely depends on your version of the game, your cpu in particular etc.. just try them out yourself.
intc/iopx2/waitcycles are generally stable for most games, throw on frameskip (probably won't need VU skip)
You can also try the EE sync hacks 1.5-2x, I personally try to avoid using them in favor of the others.

Even with these hacks, the game may or may not run full speed in heavily loaded areas of the game on that, so don't expect too much.
Ninja
(03-21-2009, 02:50 AM)whitrose02 Wrote: GeForce 9800 GTX+---Pretty CoolExcl
Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz----Weak
3 Gigs of DDR2 RAM----Good
Windows XP Pro 32 bit----Good

That video card is overgapping your CPU better change your CPU to be well-balanced.
it happens to me since the Pentium-3 and Half-Life era i just upgrade my video card to GF2 MX440 from my old S3 Savage hoever it does not change
following-up my CPU upgrade to P4 it does changed.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
(03-21-2009, 09:30 AM)tallbender Wrote: That video card is overgapping your CPU better change your CPU to be well-balanced.
it happens to me since the Pentium-3 and Half-Life era i just upgrade my video card to GF2 MX440 from my old S3 Savage hoever it does not change
following-up my CPU upgrade to P4 it does changed.

Just fyi tallbender, that was nearly unintelligible.

I assume English isn't your first language so by unintelligible I mean:
- Being such that understanding or comprehension is difficult or impossible; incomprehensible

----

With the CPU he has, the game can be 'Playable' with quite a few options and hacks enabled, upgrading his CPU (which is what I think you're hinting at) would of course be the ideal scenario in the future.
Ninja
Question 
Can someone translate Tallbender into English... I understood the little happy icon/chart part.

Thanks!
(03-21-2009, 03:20 AM)Trigun Wrote: gsdx9
spu-x
bios version is irrelevant

Hacks to use largely depends on your version of the game, your cpu in particular etc.. just try them out yourself.
intc/iopx2/waitcycles are generally stable for most games, throw on frameskip (probably won't need VU skip)
You can also try the EE sync hacks 1.5-2x, I personally try to avoid using them in favor of the others.

Even with these hacks, the game may or may not run full speed in heavily loaded areas of the game on that, so don't expect too much.

What is frameskip or VU skip? Is that an add-on or is it built into PCSX2 somewhere?
Also, what are intc/iopx2/waitcycles and where can I get all of this stuff?

Thanks!
frame skip and UV skip are options for getting better frame rate in game that run slow.
you can find these option in the cpu config.
frame skip as the name says skips some frames in order to decrease some load off the cpu and thus increase the speed VU skip does the same thing but skips more frames.

You must read the guide at pcsx2.net it has all the info.