FPS
(05-08-2012, 06:46 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: It depends on whether that notebook has dedicated video card. The CPU has an onboard Intel video chip running at 650-1100Mhz depending on whether turbo mode is enabled.

did turbo boost affects video chip clock when it kicks in instead of just increasing CPU frequency???

Sponsored links

(05-08-2012, 01:06 PM)kohaku2421 Wrote: did turbo boost affects video chip clock when it kicks in instead of just increasing CPU frequency???

Apparently. The new mobile chipsets built by AMD and Intel actually combine the CPU and GPU into a single piece of silicon. So it would make sense for automated overclocking to affect both: especially because they're thermally linked.

So far as I know, the GPU is pretty basic, but better than traditional notebook graphics solutions. The more expensive notebooks with these chips toggle between on-die GPU for power saving, and 3rd party Nvidia or AMD GPU for performance. That does not apply in this case, since his notebook appears to have no dedicated GPU.
does the GPU switching is automated??

Or we need special software to control it?
I have no idea. I figure if his notebook is plugged in, it would automatically go into turbo mode. It really depends on the notebook model. I'm sourcing my information from the CPU's specifications, which don't cover how notebook manufacturers chose to impliment the CPU.

EDIT:

Unless you mean notebooks with two GPUs. In which case, they're usually switched by a button, I think.
(05-08-2012, 04:14 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: I thought I'd point out two things:

TAB enables Turbo mode, which makes game run as fast as possible without locking framerate. Try pressing it if the text at top of window reads "Limiter: Turbo". It should read "Limiter: Normal". Mind you, pressing F4 will fix this, as well.

Secondly, that CPU supports SSE4x instructions, so you should pick the video plugin named "SSE41".

[quote='laosboul' pid='221275' dateline='1336498395']
[quote='Ambient_Malice' pid='221168' dateline='1336443259']
I thought I'd point out two things:

TAB enables Turbo mode, which makes game run as fast as possible without locking framerate. Try pressing it if the text at top of window reads "Limiter: Turbo". It should read "Limiter: Normal". Mind you, pressing F4 will fix this, as well.

Secondly, that CPU supports SSE4x instructions, so you should pick the video plugin named "SSE41".
so basically i have to use SSE41 and im good?
because im using SSSE3 and it seems okay. unless SSSE3 is not really compatible for my cpu and i have to use SSE41?
my CPU uses SSSE3, and if your PC can handle SSE 4.1 use that, if not ssse3 works fine
(05-08-2012, 08:24 PM)Saiki Wrote: my CPU uses SSSE3, and if your PC can handle SSE 4.1 use that, if not ssse3 works fine

thx. im using SSSE3 now since thats the first one i chose anyways xD
(05-08-2012, 08:24 PM)Saiki Wrote: my CPU uses SSSE3, and if your PC can handle SSE 4.1 use that, if not ssse3 works fine

Sandy bridge Pentiums supports up to sse 4.1
but not AVX.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
It does not make sense that the IGP would turbo along side the CPU.
Please think about that one.
I'd swear it's obvious why it wouldn't...

On top of that,
the IGP merely gets a core overclock.
This does not help an IGP's greatest downfall at all (allocated memory).

Also-- a notebook does not have to be plugged in to turbo,
nor does being plugged in make it happen.

As for the processor--
Core i5 and i7 are the only Intel CPUs with Turbo Boost.
maybe you need to learn to READ tallbender. I do not keep up with hardware. what did I say? if your PC can handle SSE 4.1 use that