FPS
Do all games have a specific framerate they should run at? Or does it differ from game to game?

Sponsored links

PAL games should be at 50 fps. NTSC should be at 60 fps.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

In pcsx2,it also depends on the game u're playing & on u'r hardware also.
If u get low framerates,this applies to above i said.
Otherwise standard Pal framerate is 50 & Standard Ntsc framerate is 60 fps !!
For some games need fast framerate update to gain speed
So here's the problem I'm having so far. before I was playing Kingdom Hearts, and it was to fast. So I figured that out, but now I'm playing other games and the FPS is just to low.
I've tried 5 different games thus far: Final Fantasy X, Star Wars Battlefront I and II, Lego Star Wars and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
For all of these games, the FPS at any one time is running between 30 and 45 or so.

So here's my system.. HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40GHZ
8 GB RAM

Near as I can tell, I have all of the configuration settings on their default. Including the initial setup and all.

Is there a way for me to squeeze out more FPS so my awesome games will run at the normal rate they should?

thank you in advance for your assistance
In pcsx2 every game have diffrent configuration so what game u play u not set thire reccomand confi that is the main reson of slowdown..
Your hardware is too weak to run most games on pcsx2 at regular speeds. See this thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

MAke sure you don't have the fps unlimited.
(04-28-2013, 08:37 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Your hardware is too weak to run most games on pcsx2 at regular speeds. See this thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

why some ppl always trying to tell everyone u'r pc specs too low for playing games on pcsx2??
Maybe he didn't configure settings correct.can u guide him to configure settings rather than telling every time u'r pc specs are too low,u'r pc specs are too low blah blah....i hate it Angry
Hi jaysama,use these settings & tell me the results.if u want to revert to default settings,go to config tab in pcsx2 & hit clear all settings !! (in this way u'll not loose savestates & memory card saves,don't worry Smile)
Btw in these settings i can play most of the games at playable speeds !!
1.Go to Plugin/bios selector-GS- sse2 plugin>>>configure
2.Adapter-u'r graphic card name (this optionis available only in latest svns)
3.Direct 3D9 or Direct 3D11(which suits u best)
4.only use recommended speedhacks.sliders keep to 0.tick Mtvu hack in vu speedhack
5.in video plugin settings>>
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures (sometimes it slow for games,sometimes fast for games)
6.In Emulation settings>>
Gs window tab>>
Set aspect ratio to widescreen or Fit to display (Set widescreen if u'r computer or laptop's Screen is widescreen)
7.audio settings-spux r5559 (something like it) configure>>
8.Interpolation-
1.Linear/simple okay sound
2.Module-2.direct sound (nice)>>
direct sound device-u'r computer have