FPS Drops randomly in Persona 3 FES
Does it really seem right to you that a C2D @ 2.4Ghz is "much more powerful" than an i5 @ 2.26Ghz (which boosts to 2.53Ghz)...? Blink

Sponsored links

(07-21-2011, 06:54 PM)Rezard Wrote: This could've indicated where your problem was.

I guess that wasn't clear: I have those values during slowdown, but I also have them at times the game is running at 60 FPS. So there doesn't seem to be a correlation between the two.
(07-21-2011, 08:59 PM)Rezard Wrote: Does it really seem right to you that a C2D @ 2.4Ghz is "much more powerful" than an i5 @ 2.26Ghz (which boosts to 2.53Ghz)...? Blink

Oops, I forgot to check the clock speed. I used to think it is 2.9 Ghz or higher Blink. In case of a 2.4 desktop Core 2 Duo, it is pretty the same, or only a little higher than the i5 430M. My brother laptop with an i5 450M @ 2.4 Ghz runs PCSX2 quite slow, while a PC at my office with a Core 2 Duo 3.2 runs most games fine.
(07-21-2011, 06:54 PM)Rezard Wrote: This could've indicated where your problem was.

This is weak. I'd wouldn't be surprised if that's your problem.

What is your internal resolution set to? Still default?
i set it to:
1366x768
i thought 320M is pretty strong...

(07-21-2011, 07:36 PM)Livy Wrote: The desktop CPU is superior than the laptop counterpart, even in lower brand name. You can check some benchmarks and see the Core 2 Duo E4600 is much more powerful than the i5 430M.
i thought that SSE4.1 and 4.2 would make it faster, but i guess not...

i'll have to save up all my Allowance again... anyways thank you all...
Yeah, the 320M is a joke for gaming. It doesn't even have dedicated memory (IIRC). Sad
Use native internal res, and hope for the best.

And, yeah, an i5 turboed @ 2.53Ghz easily beats a C2D @ 2.4Ghz. Obviously by clockrate, and architecture. The addition of SSE4.1 is better, but just by a small degree.
There're two type of the 320M. The first one named "GeForce 320M" which can be found on a variety of Mac Books is an integrated GPU w/o dedicated memory. It should not be confused with the "GeForce GT 320M" which is presented in the HP DV6T laptop, which does have dedicated memory (there may be more, but I saw some HP DV6T comes with an 720QM & this card in nearby stores). I hear some ppl in my region complain 'bout it terrible performance after they spend a lot of money for a laptop with an quad-core i7 Laugh.

Personally, I do not see any difference between SSE2 and SSE4.1, nor GSDX9 and GSDX11 mode (I'm talking about PCSX2 performance). So do not worry if your computer does not have SSE4.1 and DX10/11 Closedeyes.
Just as a note, I solved this issue: It turns out that running the emulator on my SSD, and the ISO off my RAID 5 results in timing errors, as far as I can tell. Moving it from the RAID 5 to the SSD fixed everything.