FPS Issue
Hi.
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before, but looking through the forums for a bit didn't show up anything so I decided to make a thread.

I have been playing Persona 3 FES for about a month now with the latest version of PCSX2. It's been a great ride except that the FPS drops to 45-50 when there are more than 5 models on the screen. Now normally it wouldn't bother me, but it slows down the EPIC boss voices and music so I'm really hoping to fix that somehow.
I would like to know if this is an issue on my end or is it some kind of bug.

My PC specs are:

EVGA NForce 790i Ultra SLI
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550(2,83ghz)
2GB Kingston DDR3-1066mhz (7-7-7-20)RAM
EVGA Geforce GTX460 SuperClocked(Factory overclocked + manually overclocked)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Edition

I've been thinking that it's the lack of RAM that's been hindering the FPS rate, so I was going to buy some more, but I would like to ask the more experienced members if there is some other problem with my setup.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

You could try the "Async mix" synchronizing mode in SPU2-X sound plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Since shadow already asked for settings etc Ill just add that you dont have to get more RAM. "gb is just enough for pcsx2 in win vista/7. Your cpu is you bottleneck here, some games require well over 3ghz to run at full speed.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
honestly, everything is in default. I haven't touched a single thing in the settings. I just accepted everything the first time I ran the program... is there any specific setting I should be having?

My CPU? I'd think my CPU would be still mid-high end. Will I be fine if I just overclock it?
Yeah you cpu is mid-end. Its just that pcsx2 requires a lot of power. Some game run fine on a 2ghz dual core others need 4ghz. So yeah, if you overclock youll be golden.
Specs:
GamerGeek: Problem is, I've never overclocked a CPU... Is there some kind of tutorial/manual you prefer that I could use as a help? It'd save me a lot of time googling for a decent one.

ShadowLady: Thanks alot. That helped me fix the sound problem(which bothered me most)

My plugin setting looks like this:
[Image: 71826690.png]

ps. I use my ps3 pad that needed some application's installation that crippled my PC when I didn't install it with compatibility mode.
It also randomly gives me BSoD when I shut down my PC.
Sorry Ive got no good guide for you maybe someone else can point out a good one. Anyway before you start overclocking you should try to use some speedhacks. Theyve gotten me plenty of fps in other games. Thing is only certain hacks are good for any one game, so you will have to try them out one by one until you get what you want. I dont have this game so your on your own.
Specs:
Whoa!
This just goes to show I'm a complete newb with this app.
The game goes from 46FPS to 58FPS with the right combination of speedhacks. Thanks for the tip.
Guess I won't have to meddle with the CPU, yet.
I have a modded ps2 and can run every game possible, but I just love the instant save feature of this emulator and that's the reason I use it.
I'd think my problem is solved. Thank you for helping me on this case.