FPS Issue; Multiple Games
Hi!

I have been fiddling around with PCSX2 recently and am having an issue with FPS that I am hoping somebody can help me with. I will try to be as thorough as I can with my specs.

I am using PCSX2 0.9.6, and am using GSdx 890 SSE2. I briefly tried SSE3 but it seemed to give me worse FPS than SS32 so I reverted back. SSE4 is not compatible with my system, I don't think. I have tried pretty much every renderer, Direct 3d9 and 10, hardware, software and null (though to be honest, I don't really understand the difference.) I did notice that with null, my FPS was perfect, though there was simply audio and a black screen with no video. Not exactly ideal. Smile

I am running Windows Vista, I have 4 GB of RAM, am using a GeForce 8500 GT video card, 512 MB. My processor is an Intel Q6600, here is the link to it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115017

I have tried both Kingdom Hearts 2 and Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. In both instances, FPS is about 60 on the title screen and runs fine for awhile. In KH2, the entire opening FMV is also about 60, however as soon as you control the character it drops from between 25 to 45, and very rarely goes higher. The FPS of Atelier Iris drops even lower than that but once again settles at around 45, give or take.

I would be incredibly appreciative if anybody could help me figure this out. My PS2 has been broken for awhile and I'd love the chance to play it again without purchasing a new one. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Quote:My PS2 has been broken for awhile and I'd love the chance to play it again without purchasing a new one

That's simply illegal.

Read the forum rules
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-22-2009, 12:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote:
Quote:My PS2 has been broken for awhile and I'd love the chance to play it again without purchasing a new one

That's simply illegal.

Read the forum rules
Isn`t it just illegal to run PS2 emulator without PS2 itself? He still have the console (despite it`s broken) with it`s BIOS.
hemmm sorry.

you have to own a PS2, so it's ok.

All my apologies
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
make sure you have almost all of the speedhacks on for kh2 Smile, and use Dx10 (some graphics that don't display correctly on dx9 because of z-fighting Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Thanks for your input.

I tried it with all of the speed hacks enabled as well as different combinations of them, and it didn't seem to help too much, maybe a very tiny bit. I am still fiddling around with the settings, but not having too much luck. Sad
well dx10 also gives you some speedup Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
They should run smoothly on your rig
Yeah, the games you mentioned should run smoothly. There is something wrong with your setup Sad
Yeah, something is highly ***** up here. XD