FPS Problem.
Please bare with me and don't be too harsh if it's a simple fix lol.

Anyhow, first off I plan on sticking around and look forward to posting here often. Also, I just got this emulator tonight and I'm very program/computer savvy, but it takes me a short time to get used to new programs as with most people.

OK first off, here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® CPU B960
2.20 GHz
4.00 GB
64-bit operating system

Now onto my problem.

I've tested two games so far, Kingdom Hearts and Black (US).

Kingdom Hearts runs just fine, as long as I keep it on 2x Native, the rest of the settings, I believe are default. If there's anyway to bump it up to at least 3x that would be helpful, as I started out with that setting but the FPS started going down to around 40-45.

Now with Black, the PS start-up screen runs very slow, probably around 15 fps, but when the game loads, the start-up screen, and first cut-scene run just fine at 60fps, but the second the first level loads/starts it goes down to 14-17 FPS.

I know in the set-up the author spoke about having to tweak some settings for certain games, and I checked the compatibility on here and it said it worked fine, but I'd do better learning the program more efficiently by getting some human feedback on what could be the problem instead of trying to read through the set-up again.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

Hello Smile
1st of all, every game is different about emulation. Some can be fast ,some not.
If some game runs slow or not working ,just try another 1 Smile
Default setting they well.... default Smile Every game need some tuning.
I can recommend for you to play Final Fantasy X if you have this game in your game library.
Setting for speedhacks 2 and 2 on sliders you will see.
Kh is one of the least demanding games whereas Black is on of the most.
since your CPU is really weak for pcsx2 in general, not much you can do except keep playing black on your PS2 until you can afford better CPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Black is one of the heavy ones...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Your CPU is having trouble keeping up. If PCSX2 is in full screen, you can get it to go to windowed mode by double clicking the mouse. From there you can see the EE. If your EE is over 90% then you CPU is having a rough time keeping up. You can always change the EE cycle rate which will help most games but can be unsafe in emulation (inaccurate). My rig is a 4.2GHz quadcore (granted I only use 3 cores with MTVU) and it still has a little trouble keeping up with some game, like SMT Devil Summoner when lots of people walk in town the EE cycle goes over 90%.

Well then, I started replying with no comments and by the time I was done there were 3. Tongue
Thanks for the help everyone.

A couple of quick questions, what's the difference between Reboot CDVD full and fast, and is there an easier way to see what games I have in my library will play on the emulator with my specs, then going through everyone?
Final Fantasy X ,probably X-2. Hm...Shin Megami games,maybe Tenchu.
I think this games not very demanding.
Difficult to say what will be best. Yes, try your games to find out what is good Smile PC not a console ,every config is different ,nobody can say for sure what will work and how Smile
Fast boot usually alright.
(01-22-2013, 01:24 PM)Madhatter357 Wrote: Thanks for the help everyone.

A couple of quick questions, what's the difference between Reboot CDVD full and fast, and is there an easier way to see what games I have in my library will play on the emulator with my specs, then going through everyone?

Some games are japanese (I think it's some Sonic and maybe Sly games) when you fast boot, but is in english when using full boot Excl.
Otherwise, I don't know what to use it for.

If you have games that you don't know if will run, well then, try them out ! These little "discoveries" are a part of the funSmile
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(01-22-2013, 01:53 PM)ps2freak Wrote: These little "discoveries" are a part of the funSmile
Well said Happy
Good point. Just got GTA III to run by upping the Speed Hacks to 3. Of course, will have to see how it holds up once I get into crowds and action.

99% of my games are action/FPS, never liked RPG's with KH being the lone exception, so it's going to be torturous fun finding out which ones will play lol.