FPS Problems with FFX
So, After ffx doesn't run to well with the normal pcsx2 0.9.4 i tried the playground version.

Finally! Runs , after a few trys and experiments with the Settings it finaly runs very well.

So my Problem now is. I tried everything , switched between graphic modes and settings , activated every single SpeedHack , read every faq , looked up some threads in google. But it Still "lagging" between 20-40 fps.

The Strange thing is. I have this fps Regardless of settings i use. With Direct3D10 i lose just 5-10fps and it still looks almost the same :/ With all Settings to "very low" or something like that the framrate doesnt go up , its still the same 25-40 :(

Pc Stats:

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
2x DIMM Synchron 1GB/64 @ 667MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

I updated DirectX just today , so thats not the prob.

Some Screens of the settings
[Image: psx1yh7.th.jpg]
[Image: psx2xb3.th.jpg]
[Image: psx3gt0.th.jpg]

And btw: Happy New Year :O !

Sponsored links

Did you : Turn off vsync (in GSDX) and turn on MTGS (in CPU)
Maybe try MTGS (it must be on, its important) + new graphic drivers if still will be slow try 0.9.5 pcsx2 version ;p + check ur cpu temp Tongue maybe its hot ?Smile
Anyway mtgs should help.
Happy new year ;p
Yeah i had mtgs active sometimes but it always still lagged , vsych off with mtgs on does the trick <3. Still 40 if there are a lot of npcs on screen but 60-70 infights. Thats enough.

And yeah while waiting for possible answers Tongue i checked temp and the programm tell that is it to hot. Going to inspec this too Laugh

thx for fast response! Cheers
(01-01-2009, 02:53 AM)Xe4ro Wrote: Yeah i had mtgs active sometimes but it always still lagged , vsych off with mtgs on does the trick <3. Still 40 if there are a lot of npcs on screen but 60-70 infights. Thats enough.

And yeah while waiting for possible answers Tongue i checked temp and the programm tell that is it to hot. Going to inspec this too Laugh

thx for fast response! Cheers
yeah i think thats normal for your fps result.
PC Specs: AMD FX 8350, 16GB RAM, GTX 780
Games beaten with PCSX2: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Persona 4
Perhaps you can check on native res. That can help your vgacard. And play with vu skip and speed hacks.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.