FPS Suddenly Dropped in DBZ:BT3 and Tekken 5
Hi everyone,I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping that someone can help me with this one...
I'm using PCSX2 to play DBZ:BT 3 and Tekken 5,I was playing DBZ at full speed and everything was flawless except some minor sound bugs,but nevermind about that one...Tekken,well there were some bugs and glitches but emulating speed was more than playable...Couple of days ago I started experimenting with MK:Armageddon ,and realized facts about MK series on PCSX2....After that I restored config for DBZ BT3 and max fps now is 30-35 with a lot of sound and gameplay bugs....Tekken it gets buggy already at that spaceship minigame in the begginig.
I'm using r4600 build with it's default plugins etc.The only thing in config that I changed is in the GSDX plugin renderer from dx 9 to dx 10(hardware ofc),and with the same config those two are now unplayable...Reinstalled pcsx2,I've done numerous things to tweak etc but still the same,speedhacks do not help...

My config:
ASUS M3N78-AM
Geil 2x2GB 1066MHz
Radeon 4870 1GB DDR5
AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.4GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate x32

Sponsored links

Phenom at 3.5? there was no way Tekken 5 was ever running at full speed.
Tried to reset all settings to default?Tongue You messed something and reading minds isn't a common skill so excuse us for not knowing what exactly you did.

I would use pcsx2 svn version at least for BT3 sake as it had a few graphical glitches with disappearing model parts in 0.9.8 long ago fixed in svn. It should also run just fine on default settings. Not sure about Tekken bugs, but maybe clearing messed up config will help too and svn versions are portable soo will be clean of any mess.
(02-04-2012, 05:32 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Tried to reset all settings to default?Tongue You messed something and reading minds isn't a common skill so excuse us for not knowing what exactly you did.

I would use pcsx2 svn version at least for BT3 sake as it had a few graphical glitches with disappearing model parts in 0.9.8 long ago fixed in svn. It should also run just fine on default settings. Not sure about Tekken bugs, but maybe clearing messed up config will help too and svn versions are portable soo will be clean of any mess.
look,I even reinstalled windows for this one and nothing happend,prob is the same,when I play against cpu fps doesnt go above or below 55-60 fps,but in two player mode 25-30 is max,and I played it earlier with the same config in the same two player mode with great fps....i even oced my cpu,changed priority of process,affinity etc...
Let's get back to the basics to clear things up:
You say you have less fps than you had? True? True...
You say you have exactly same config with same pcsx2 version? True? True...

Now you more or less expect us to tell something which fits to the two above?
Something's changed on your system ie you installed some background abusive program or got a virus, eventually new/slower gpu drivers or some forced settings in those drivers. That's a few things which keeps the above.

Otherwise your memory does fail you and you did changed the config.

I would vote on memory, guessing you messed up your config, through now you're saying you reinstalled windows(if that's 7 I really see no reason for any reinstall) and OC cpu which is quite a bit of stuff that could go wrong;P, starting from simple stuff maybe just your power menagement in windows is set to power saving?

Generally what you also forgot to say before, was you're experiencing slowdown in two player mode, at least in bt3 that's mainly heavy from gpu side soo seek your problem there. Maybe you increased internal res or switched on/off "allow 8bit textures" to opposite you previously had in GSdx config. Try changing that as at least looking at BT3 as your cpu shouldn't be much of a problem.
(02-05-2012, 03:44 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Let's get back to the basics to clear things up:
You say you have less fps than you had? True? True...
You say you have exactly same config with same pcsx2 version? True? True...

Now you more or less expect us to tell something which fits to the two above?
Something's changed on your system ie you installed some background abusive program or got a virus, eventually new/slower gpu drivers or some forced settings in those drivers. That's a few things which keeps the above.

Otherwise your memory does fail you and you did changed the config.

I would vote on memory, guessing you messed up your config, through now you're saying you reinstalled windows(if that's 7 I really see no reason for any reinstall) and OC cpu which is quite a bit of stuff that could go wrong;P, starting from simple stuff maybe just your power menagement in windows is set to power saving?

Generally what you also forgot to say before, was you're experiencing slowdown in two player mode, at least in bt3 that's mainly heavy from gpu side soo seek your problem there. Maybe you increased internal res or switched on/off "allow 8bit textures" to opposite you previously had in GSdx config. Try changing that as at least looking at BT3 as your cpu shouldn't be much of a problem.
the thing is i did not had the slowdown in two player mode ,it just started happening...but when i reinstall win i saw some changes with new 12.1 Catalyst drivers,ill restor those to 11.11 which i was using before and then ill report....

damn...tried it and not working....i don rly think its gpu cuz i set inner res to 1920x1080(and thats the res it had set when i was playing it the right way) and when i set it to native fps doesnt change....
Tried allow 8 bit textures on/off? I mean check the opposite of what you have now, couse that can give completely different results.
(02-05-2012, 04:41 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Tried allow 8 bit textures on/off? I mean check the opposite of what you have now, couse that can give completely different results.
yeah i tried and its all f-ed up....a lot of texture bugs....
and another thing i forgot to mention,sound bug appeared,like latency is not correctly set....also had no problems with sound before....
when i run dbz bt3 it run at 60 fps
but fps fall to 20-25 as the game start
plzz help me
my system config
core i3 @2.53 GHz
6 GB RAM
512 ati radeon hd 5470
running through iso