FPS drop after update
Hello there, i've update my PCSX2 to v. 1.7.5536 and now, with the same Emulator and Graphics settings I can't reach 60fps anymore, before the update I was playing with upscaling 1080p, now even with native not upscaled graphic I've got lag and fps drops..
My PC is the same:
Processor
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Operating System
Windows 11
RAM
16 GB

I'm trying edit options on emu but anything seems works, I used DirectX12 as video render.

Sponsored links

Dx12 with that GPU ?
Why ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-04-2024, 06:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Dx12 with that GPU ?
Why ?

Well.. I don't know, Wub
But before update it goes 60fps without any problems, now I'm using Vulkan but the situation doesn't seems so much better.. still a lot of lag even with native ps2 graphic
With all games ? Or only this one ?
Can you make a screenshot with everything enabled in OSD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I also noticed that since the updated on the nightly build, my PCSX2 is stuck on fast foward for Grand Tourismo 4, I have mitigated this by using the nVidia control panel to force a max of 60 FPS.

Looking to see if other people have posted about this yet but I haven't seen anything
(02-04-2024, 07:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: With all games ? Or only this one ?
Can you make a screenshot with everything enabled in OSD ?

The problem is with every game I've tryed (Juiced, Tekken 5, Sly Cooper 2 so far), I'll attach the screenshot with all the OSD enabled and keep testing solutions and games.

Quote:inZaniac
I also noticed that since the updated on the nightly build, my PCSX2 is stuck on fast foward for Grand Tourismo 4, I have mitigated this by using the nVidia control panel to force a max of 60 FPS.

Looking to see if other people have posted about this yet but I haven't seen anything
Speed limiter (speed control - emulation settings) is checked?
Photo 
Well now that I have disabled the frame rate limit in the control panel, things have seem to have gone back to normal, though the fast forward symbol is still showing.

(02-04-2024, 10:14 PM)Unji_ Wrote: The problem is with every game I've tryed (Juiced, Tekken 5, Sly Cooper 2 so far), I'll attach the screenshot with all the OSD enabled and keep testing solutions and games.

Speed limiter (speed control - emulation settings) is checked?

Yes I have tried enabling and disabling that, nothing seems to work. not even the hotkey is being able to toggle it on or off. 

I also noticed that if I just sat there and let the game run, it would bounce from 50 FPS to 300+ and everything in between, nothing was staying constant.

in Short, variable framerates and game stuck on fast forward as shown by the icon in my attached screen shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)