FPS dropping
hi guys,

i have just installed pcsx2 on my laptop, but i am having an issue about fps dropping.
i am currently playing dynasty warrior 2 on it, it seems working well at first on the menu selection, fps good 50-60 and everything's good, until when the real game starts, when on the war ground, the fps dropping to around 25.
i don't know what's the problem, but i personally think my laptop can handle this game.

this is my laptop specification (K46CB)

Intel i5-3317U CPU @1.70GHz (4 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
RAM 8GB

Sponsored links

Game?
Settings?
disk or iso?
pcsx2 version?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Dynasty Warriors 2
setting Aggresive
ISO
pcsx2 1.3.1 (git version)
set the preset back to safe, then try again
Quote: but i personally think my laptop can handle this game.
since it has an STR slightly above 1200 (below 1300), I wonder why you think it can handle it ? Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
well, it's just my instinct, hahaha, i think it should have not take so high spec to run ps2 games...
could you please explain more why it can't handle it?
Quote:well, it's just my instinct, hahaha, i think it should have not take so high spec to run ps2 games...
don't trust your instinct, then. only knowledge prevails (or you wouldn't be looking for help Tongue2)
Quote:could you please explain more why it can't handle it?
because most games will require your CPU's STR to be above 1600 to work normally. (from experience). some of the demanding ones will even require a CPU above 2000.
since yours is below 1300... well... I let you guess
how do you measure STR then, i have googled it, still quite miss the understanding, is it from my processor?

and is there anyway to fix this fps drop with my current spec?
(10-26-2015, 07:28 AM)*****.slayer Wrote: how do you measure STR then, i have googled it, still quite miss the understanding, is it from my processor?
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...40+1.70GHz&id=816

Quote:and is there anyway to fix this fps drop with my current spec?
what do the ee% & GS% say when it slows down ?
ee 96% & gs 21%
means your cpu is struggling
make sure your windows power plan is set to high performance mode, make sure you aren't running on batteries, enable all recommended speedhacks + eecycle rate to 2, vu cycle stealing to 1.
that could help a bit.

But I guess you'll have to play this game on your PS2 until you can afford a better pc...