FPS games,playable ?
Hello everybody.
I'm new here. Just wanna ask if there is some PS2 FPS games emulated for PC,playable.
There is some good FPS games which i'd like to play,like :
Call of Duty 3
Black
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Call of Duty World at War Final Fronts ( is that the same with the PC one?)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Urban Chaos: Riot Response
Did you play one of those,emulated on PC ?
My PC specs: Intel 7 920 , 3 GB DDR3,Nvidia GTX 285 .....
Please tell me,guys,if i have a chance to play one of those games,or maybe some good racing games.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

you must be joking Blink ! your specifications are so great ! you can play most of games at playable speeds Happy but you should overclock your i7 to 3.5ghz or 4ghz on a good cpu cooler and you'll experience great gameplay Biggrin !
(10-27-2009, 07:47 PM)metalnumb Wrote: you must be joking Blink ! your specifications are so great ! you can play most of games at playable speeds Happy but you should overclock your i7 to 3.5ghz or 4ghz on a good cpu cooler and you'll experience great gameplay Biggrin !

LOL
1 ) I said before : there is some games which i'd like to play,they aren't on the PC's.
2 ) Why should i OC my CPU,as long as i can play every game on max details ,flawless ???
You won't beable to play them flawlessly unless you over clock, Granted my CPU is no where near the power of an i7, But even at 3.0ghz i can barely play games with all the hacks on.

If you overclock to 3.5 you can probably play most games without speed hacks at full speed, and if you can get it up to 4.0 then you can play 90% of the playable games at max no speed hacks i'm sure.

Plus, why not overclock? the i7 OC's so well there is really no point in not doing it.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Photo 
Yes,i understand your point.
But the thread was started about the playableFPS PS2 games,emulated.
All i wanted to know is : are some of them,playable ? With or without OC.
I checked this http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key
and i think there is no chance to play the FPS games,from "my list" (see first post )
What about the gamepad ? Can i use the Logitech Dual Action ?
Do i need a PS controller ?
Thanks.
As soon as the gamepad works for your system fine they should be able to work in PCSX2 as well even if you need to hack them working in some cases but you should be fine.

The PS2 uses 60fps as it's full speed, any lower than that and you start getting slow motion like movement and well it takes off some (most?) fun from a FPS that's why having the fastest CPU possible is better as most PS2 emulated games will suffer from CPU bottleneck, you are right tho most of your games wont work probably as you saw in the compatibility list.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I use a logitech dual action. The only annoying thing about this pad is the lack of l3 and r3 buttons. It works fine using directinput.
[Image: 774509.png]
(10-27-2009, 10:58 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: As soon as the gamepad works for your system fine they should be able to work in PCSX2 as well even if you need to hack them working in some cases but you should be fine.

The PS2 uses 60fps as it's full speed, any lower than that and you start getting slow motion like movement and well it takes off some (most?) fun from a FPS that's why having the fastest CPU possible is better as most PS2 emulated games will suffer from CPU bottleneck, you are right tho most of your games wont work probably as you saw in the compatibility list.

So,if there is a green colour ( Playable ,in the compatibility list ),that means,i can play this game ?
Yes,the gamepad works fine for my system.
All i want is to play a few FPS PS2 games,on my PC Smile
Of course,i wish i could play all the FPS PS3 / XBOX 30 games,as well.
Maybe i should buy the XBOX 360,too,i think about that.
Now,few more questions,please :
1)If i have the original PS2 CD,can i use it as emulated ?
2)Where can i find some stuff about how to configure the PCSX2 on my hardware?
3)Can i emulate a demo PS2 game ? Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Thanks again,and i'm apologize for so many questions.
Playable according to the compatibility list means it can be played from start to finish doesnt mean you will at full speed or that you wont find problems at all.
Yes you can run the original disc, however it is recommended you make a ISO of it to play it from your PC.
There's no really guides for different systems, follow the configuration guide and if you need help with something else feel free to ask.
You could try a demo game, not every one will work tho I guess.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64