FPS issues - yeah yeah yeah, I know
Hi! been a lurker for a couple of years.

Okay, so the issue is that I'm getting FPS drops randomly and it's usually down by 10fps for any game. Happens with any game.

Running dual monitors
MB: Asus P8p67 Pro: Latest Bios
CPU: Core i5 3570k @4Ghz
GPU: SLi gtx 560 superoverclocked (of course Sli isn't active for pcsx2)
16Gb Ram
other maybe useful info: HDD is defragged. Using PS3 Dualshock 3 with Motioninjoy 7.1001 PS2 mode.

PCSX2 Info: Latest (was latest maybe) SVN. Using AVX configuration. Speedhack used in moderation (close to safer preset)
Native 3x Resolution.

Anyway, it happens about every 1 min, drops to 50fps or 42fps, then would continue at normal 60 fps. It happens randomly anytime anywhere during any game.

So, is this natural and normal? (CPU and GPU are new, motherboard is new).

edit again: It is the K version CPU. Just the wrong number. -sighs-

Sponsored links

Perhaps you should disable EIST.

My laptop does not have that option in BIOS so I cannot disable it. But when I set my CPU clockspeed to a constant value, the framerate is very stable.
make sure your video card isn't entering power management mode you can check the current state with something like nvidia inspector.

btw what game are you trying?
this happens with every game I've played (Rogue Galaxy - which I'm playing so far, Final Fantasy X, etc..), so it's not game specific. I'll double check on the GPU thing.
You know AVX is software rendered?
In the gpu pluggin set the render threads to 3
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*