FPS problem
Well, I tried to look at other threads, but as there is always new updates and whatnot, it`s kind of hard to figure it out.

The problem is I can`t get 60 fps on FFX. I have the latest release of Pcsx2, the graphic plugin I use is ZeroGS 0.97.1.
I get like 41-53 fps, and I have tried different speed hacks. I have also tried different graphic plugins. I have no AA or anything on, and I am running 640 or 513(?) resolution. Basically I don`t know what to do.

Here are my pc specs:

AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core RM-74 2,2Ghz
4 GB DDR2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 1024MB

Now is it because of my computer that I can`t run it? I recently bought this laptop and it would be kinda dissapointing to not run it. If there is anything I left out, please say soTongue2

Sponsored links

Mind trying GSdx graphic plugin instead of ZeroGS? I have no ideia if you will achieve better speeds since i have (almost) never used ZeroGS (damm missing geometry =P) . http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html (click on latest revision) .

And in case that doesn't work you always have a sweet thing called speed hacks! Give them a try as well. Good luck =)
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
Hehe thanks for the help, unfornately I have already tried all of those graphic plugins. I have also tried the speed hacks as I mentioned above. I tried it on my computer with the exact same settings, and it worked perfect. I thought that laptop was at least able to run it smoothly with low settings, there must be something else:-/
(07-14-2009, 06:16 AM)vandaq Wrote: ...
If there is anything I left out, please say soTongue2

yeah, you left out your complete info about the exact revisions of pcsx2 + plugins that you use and the configuration of them (preferably screenshots). and you need to be a bit more specific: "i tried all gfx plugins/speed hacks" tells us nothing about the results of your tests. did they crash your game? were they just slower? did they create graphical glitches? also, if you're on vista, use gsdx as your gfx plugin. the dx10 hardware mode of gsdx is usually the fastest option. i have no idea how strong exactly your cpu is (your gpu is ok), but ffx is one of the less demanding 3d games to emulate, so i'm quite sure that if configured correctly and with some speed hacks it should run fine on your laptop.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
For some reason, the print screen doesn`t work on my laptop..no idea why. But I use all the same settings and plugins here.
yeah btw the Cpu speed is 2225 mhz.
Here are my settings : http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6192/82164441.jpg

All the graphic plugins I have:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7858/69558212.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1223/78739209.jpg

ZeroGS 0.97.1 gave me the best performance. When I used the other ones, it was about 5-7 fps lower if I recall correctly. At least it was better.
There was one of the first graphic plugins I used that had massive glitches, there was like no ground or anything, just basically the character models with a little bit flickering on the ground. But there was only one, the other ones just gave me lower fps than ZeroGS 0.97.1

I tried all the speedhacks that you can see here: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1348/38083241.jpg
Though, the one I had best performance with it is x3. When I have that on, it can be a little bit more stable, so it can go from 40 to 53 or something.
This was with ZeroGS 0.97.1. The other ones didn`t give me specially more. One thing though, I can`t use SSSE3, but I can use SSE3. ( I can`t use SSE41 on either of them) I tried two of those gsdx graphic plugins(the dx10 ones). The first one and the newest one. The first one gave me around 27-35 fps. The newest one gives me around 40-53 fps. Something in the line like ZeroGS 0.97.1 but it was more stable it seemed, though it`s not playable. It`s to much slow motion, and with the sound it only makes it worse. I think I answered everything?
ok, before anything else, get the latest beta revisions of pcsx2 and its plugins here. download the installer version. do a clean install of it, i.e. backup the complete pcsx2 folder (just in case), deinstall your old pcsx2, delete the pcsx2 folder (keep your bios/memcards, of course), then install the new one. don't forget these necessary microsoft updates: this and this. now go here and download gsdx r1341, the r14xxs seem to be slower on ati cards (you are of course free to test it also with the included r1479). make an iso image of your game disc (with imgburn e.g.) so that you can run the game directly from your hdd with linuziso as your cdvd plugin. in the settings of gsdx choose "directx 10 (hardware)" as the renderer and check "native".

it is true that you can only use the sse2 variant of gsdx, as both ssse3 (not the same as sse3) and sse4.1 are intel exclusive. now open the speed hack config of pcsx2 and enable "vu cycle stealing", set it to moderate speed up. run the game. if it is still not at a stable 50+ fps, enable the ee snyc hack, too. btw, the full summoning animations (especially shiva) are perfect scenes to "benchmark" your speed hacks settings. if these scenes run great you might try to reduce the speed hacking or perhaps even disable "native" in the gsdx settings and increase the "d3d internal res" for better graphics.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
the speed of the game is very slow.does my laptop really suitable to operate pcsx2 0.9.6?

2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750
mobile intel 965 expresschipset family
the core2duo should be fine for ffx, at least with some speed hacks enabled. but not your gpu, as those integrated graphics chipsets are very weak, both performance and compatibility wise, but try the latest beta anyway and set your gsdx to "native".