FPS problem with Final Fantasy 12 (FFXII)
hey,

before i start, i want to apologize, if i posted this thread in the wrong category.
oh and ofcourse ive allready searched all forum posts simular to mine.

my problem: while running ffxii i get only 20-30fps and during the intro movie i get a short glitch every 1-4seconds.
i think my system should be powerfull enought to run it at a solid 60fps so i think its just a config problem so if you could help me out here, it would be awesome Wink

my system:
-windows vista ultimate x64-bit
-intel core 2duo (2x3ghz)
-4gb ram
-hd4870 with 512mb

my pcsx2:
-newest beta
general
graphics
cpu
speedhacks
advanced

after clicking the links you can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them.

if you need more info like a dxdiag, etc, just tell me.

EDIT: the following answers have solved my problem. thanks for the support.
Processor: Intel Core 2Duo Cpu E8400@3ghz 3ghz
Memory: 4gb
Graphics: HD4870 512mb

Sponsored links

Wow the most detailed help thread I've seen in a long time,good job on that,helps us to help you Smile

Now why on earth did you uncheck VU0rec? It is extremely important for speed! Also try giving the latest GSdx beta found in the plugins forum a try,it has some nice speed boosts for Ati gfx cards
Edit: Clamp modes (in advanced) should also be set to normal,except at the Lightworks area where you get some horrible graphics corruption,you'll know when you see it Tongue Then,set them to extra as you have now
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ty for the fast answer.

ill get the plugin asap and change the vu.

as ive said, before posting my question ive spent a lot of time using your search engine Wink
noone likes ppl who ask about something that has been solved allready Tongue

ive changed the clampmode to get rid of a problem i had with ffx.
after you complet the djose temple, there was a bad graphics-problem (use the search engine "final fantasy x djose" for more infos) and the clamp mode fixed that.
ofcourse i had the clamp mode disabled while running ffxii Wink

ill try to run ffxii without clamp, with vu and the latest gsdx plugin tomorrow and will post the positive/negative results here.

btw, youre english guide to pcsx2 is awesome, ty for that =)
Edit: okay, ive gotten the newest gsd beta and set everything as it was before (direct3d 10 (hardware)), interlacing:none, aspect ratio: 4:3, native, no vsync and no output merger blur effect.
(the other options are greyed out, so i dont think i have to mention them.

also ive activated vu, as youve said.

as i said, ill post the results tomorrow.
I recommended you enable the vsync and merger output effect and try not to run native. This because to enjoy the capability of HD PS2 game in PCSX2
(Note: Your PC should not a problem for this if you tweak the speed hack correctly.)
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(07-03-2009, 06:10 AM)nelsonz Wrote: I recommended you enable the vsync and merger output effect and try not to run native. This because to enjoy the capability of HD PS2 game in PCSX2
(Note: Your PC should not a problem for this if you tweak the speed hack correctly.)

in fact he should be able to play this game in 1080p with some minor slow downs without any speed hacks. his system is very similar to mine and the game runs great, only a few drops to 40 fps during the tutorial, but even ffx has that (full shiva summon e.g.)
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
okay as youve suggested ive switched native off, switched emerge on and set my resolution to 1400:900 (my screen size).

i am running the game without speedhacks, or other changes and until now it runs at a steady 60fps (except for a few very short drops to around 20fps but that only happened twice and only for 1 or 2 seconds).

ive played until the first save chrystal now and everything seems okay.

thanks for your fast and good help guys Cool

if some problems pop-up ill post them.
if you dont read anything from me then it means the game is up and running and im happy^^
Hi everyone,

I tried to get my PCSX running with Final Fantasy XII using the guides and the hints in this thread, but i still can't get it running smoothly Sad

My System Specs :
- AMD X2 6000
- 4 GB RAM
- AsusGeForce 9800GTX
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
- Soundblaster X-Fi for Gamers

The Intro is really choppy and never makes more than 80% fps - When in the game i can play smoothly (with 100% fps) in areas with few mobs - but as soon as 3 or more mobs are approaching or i'm in a boss fight the frames drop to 75-85%.
The funny thing is that ist doesn't really matter what kind of graphic settings i use - 1920x1080 fullscreen gives me nearly the same result as 640x480 :/
I also tried Direct3D 9 and 10 - somehow 9 runs a bit smoother ... but not much

As for PCSX i used the installer, with the latest beta plugins and also tried the latest beta exe of the pcsx.
I have no speedhacks or patches active.

I Thought my system should be able to handle this emu, but now i'm not sure anymore .. perhaps due to the lack of SSSE3 or SSE41 on the AMD CPU ?

any hints welcome
Im afraid your downfall here is your AMD X2 6000, it is quite a weak processor in terms of performance per clock.

My suggestion would be get the latest beta from the stickies located in this forum, then use the VU Cycle Stealing hack in the speedhacks section (just a notch or 2, not too far) then maybe play with some of the others, like the INTC hack and x2 cycle rates. However just try the cycle stealing hack first.

If they don't help, overclocking or upgrading is your only salvation
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

after two days, ff12 still workst like a charm at a solid 99%-100%.

no ive tried to play ffx-2 and got the same problem like with ff12.
choppy videos and only 30-40fps.
ive tried using native, but that improved the videos only a bit (instead of 10000little black cubes i get 4 or 5 big flickering black stripes).

my system specs and pcsx2 spec + changes are listed above Wink

as before, some help would be awesome.