FPS problems
Hello Everyone,
I know this may seem like a frequently asked question, and I promise I read them, but i'm scratching my head a bit here because I simply cannot figure out what's wrong. A long while ago I tried this out but couldn't get it to work at a practical speed (of FPS). So I waited for the next update. I checked yesterday and was overjoyed to see it there, but after installing, making sure I had everything I needed and watching the setup video and checking all sorts of tutorials, I am still experiencing the same problems with my FPS rate. It stays around 10 for most of the time in most games and rarely tops 20. Needless to say it makes all games annoying and simply unplayable. I tried several games with the exact same result, so I don't think it was the games fault. I tried switch most every option one by one and en masse.... with fractional differences in frame rate, but nothing substantial. If anyone could please help me, I would appreciate it. I'm so disappointed I can't get it up and running. I will try to supply all the info that I can.

1.Yes, I have the Bios, though I'm not sure if I did it correctly. I suppose if I can get the game running at all then I must have done it right.. right?
2. All plugins are working and in the right place.
3. PC Specs : Aspire 8930
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM 4.0 GB
64-bit Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
DirectX 11 (even though the option to use DirectX 11 never appears in the graphic setup section, only 9 and 10)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT version 9.18.13.1070 2796 MB Memory
4. I followed the Setup Video on this site for my PCSX2 setup so that is how it is configured with all of the same options.
I'm no computer whiz by any means, so if I missed anything that could be helpful, please let me know. Otherwise that's all I can think of. Once again, any help is appreciated, before I go bald from pulling out my hair, hehe.

Sponsored links

I'm going to go out on a limp here and say that it's your processor.

Edit: Assuming your old GPU can handle the emulator well, which I'm not sure about, your processor is the thing that's hindering the process.
(06-18-2013, 06:59 PM)KetchupT100 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limp here and say that it's your processor.

Edit: Assuming your old GPU can handle the emulator well, which I'm not sure about, your processor is the thing that's hindering the process.

correct.
@ OP : get a decent PC, and your problems should be gone.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-18-2013, 06:59 PM)KetchupT100 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limp here and say that it's your processor.

I see... ok then, thanks for the help.