"FPS" very unstable
I need help.
I used 553 PP, MTGS on, all speedhack on. With others revisions i got same problem. My OS - Windows Vista Ultimate.
For example: playing in Grandia 3 when i just stand somewhere on map my usually fps is 53-56 but everytimes my fps drop to 30-40 or can increase to 60 and still stable during 5-10 seconds, then again go to 53-56 fps. And one more interesting fact: when i tryed drag or change resolution of Pcsx window, ingame fps dropped to 42-45 and never increasing.
That curious never happen on XP SP3 Home. Just want to know why and how to fix it?
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Try playing in fullscreen (a gsdx option), and see if that helps. Also try to increase the pcsx2 process priority (run > process priority to high).
High priority is already set, in normal priority i got on 7-9 fps slower then in high. Switch to fullscreen doesnt bring any effects.
In certain place ( in game) i got ~50 fps and CPU core 1 load -52-75%, core 2 - 60-84%. GPU load - 59% at 1280*1024.
I have no idea why it happen.
If you are running it directly from the dvd that can happen,because the emulator is waiting for your dvd drive to spin up / down the disc thus slowing down / running faster.Try making an iso and running that
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I running from iso. I thing this is something wrong with my OS Windows Vista. And anyway, my cpu don`t use on 100% for some reason.
(01-06-2009, 10:40 AM)Summoner Wrote: High priority is already set, in normal priority i got on 7-9 fps slower then in high.

This indicates some process or programm is working in the background and steals too much cpu from pcsx2.
Find out what it is via taskmanager and get rid of it Smile
(01-06-2009, 03:50 PM)rama Wrote:
(01-06-2009, 10:40 AM)Summoner Wrote: High priority is already set, in normal priority i got on 7-9 fps slower then in high.

This indicates some process or programm is working in the background and steals too much cpu from pcsx2.
Find out what it is via taskmanager and get rid of it Smile

is it possible to use 'msconfig' and boot a selective startup with just system processes active?? would that help at all........? might try that later.........