FXAA Tool with PCSX2
Hello,

I tried the "FXAA Tool" from this site
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents
with a couple of other Emulators (Dolphin to name one), and was impressed with the thing I was able to come up with. The tool is not only for FXAA post-processing, but also have other filters such as Sharpen, Blur, Bloom, Sepia, and some kind of color corrections. You can configure all these (enable/disable/adjust) to your liking. All what you have to do is copy the files into your exe of your game (or emulator), and it will handle the rest (it has d3d9.dll which will override the system one, and inject the post-processing effects). As far as I know it works with the final output (not with 3D polygon) so it should be possible to work with PCSX2 (I suppose). The problem is when I copy it to the PCSX2 directory, and set graphics settings to DX9 software mode, it works (because it generates the log.txt and acquire the device as stated in it), but I don't see any effect applied (as with other emu). I tried DX9 hardware mode, it creates the log file, but without acquiring the device (so I better use SW mode). Can anyone from the dev team explain why the effect is not working (especially knowing that it is a post-processing filter working on d3d9.dll)

Note: I do know that PCSX2 support FXAA now, I am interested in the other effects from this tool.

Thanks

Sponsored links

fxaa sucks in comparison to SMAA4x
I didn't, ask for comparison (or opinions). You should read what I am after, or not post unrelated comments (especially when English is not a problem for you). I am not after FXAA (or whether it is the best choice). I clearly said I am after the other post-processing effects with the tool, and not FXAA (i.e. Bloom, Blur,...etc). If you read more, you know that I am asking why the little tool called "FXAA Tool" is not working with PCSX2.

It is good to know that SMAA4x is better, but sorry, I am not interested.

Thanks
in that case, nobody cares.

stick to using the enb hack
Not sure you understand English my friend Smile
I ask for something you, give me answers to a totally different things. Why do I need to stick to hacks? Or how it is related in anyway to wanting to use an external tool just for tests!
I don't have problems with pcsx2 or games. I am asking why the tool above is not working while it is a post-processing effect that work with all other dx9 emu.
If you don't know what I am talking about then you don't need to tell me you don't care. There is two answers to this question: 1. You cannot use it because... (explaination here), or 2. You should do... (explanition here).. to make it work. If you don't have anything to answer the question, you simply dont. Even if the question end up not answer, which basically mean nobody KNOW
Indeed.
You totally missed the point, Squall.

Not that I knew how to help though, sorry.
It probably doesn't work because of the way GSDX (the graphics plugin) is coded, you should ask Gabest about this as only he can give a clear answer.
I'm sorry that i can't help you more Sad .

P.S: Don't worry about Squall he is known to talk lots of BS about anything he lays his eyes on, not knowing when to REFRAIN from posting.
Thanks andutrache, that was really constructive. It is probably like you said. I will also make sure to contact Gabest, and will get back here if I get anything to add. You did actually help me.
(01-25-2012, 10:51 PM)andutrache Wrote: It probably doesn't work because of the way GSDX (the graphics plugin) is coded, you should ask Gabest about this as only he can give a clear answer.
I'm sorry that i can't help you more Sad .

P.S: Don't worry about Squall he is known to talk lots of BS about anything he lays his eyes on, not knowing when to REFRAIN from posting.

the same goes for you, shill.
nope it doesn't because in my posts i, at least try, to help people, you on the other hand are only beating around the bush.
please review your attitude or you are gonna risk being disliked by everyone(if you aren't already).