FXAA, holy christ
In case anyone hasn't heard the 300.xx beta drivers (w/FXAA support) are now available for all Nvidia cards and wow what a difference. It's gotta be the best update for laptops since MTVU hack. Just wanted to say thanks for implementing it and also show off some comparison shots Smile

hardware mode, 3x resolution
[attachment=31676] [attachment=31677] [attachment=31678] [attachment=31679]
0xAA: 91fps > 2xAA: 55fps > 4xAA: 41fps > FXAA: 80fps

Unfortunately it's not perfect - some areas of environment show no difference between 0xAA and FXAA, but wow those legs are smooth Ohmy

software mode
[attachment=31680] [attachment=31681]
FXAA off: 96fps > FXAA on: 96fps

For the games that *must* be played in SW it's a sort of double edged sword. Smoother 3D but blurry 2D.

(For anyone who doesn't know, you can toggle FXAA in both SW and HW mode with Page Up key)

Sponsored links

indeed+^_^+ thank you for demoing that with Xenosaga+^_^+ been using FXAA only since i started and i'm glad new Nvidia drivers make it better+^_^+ (ima go get new ones now, still using 296.xx)
Signature purposefully left blank.
Just curious(I could say,I've never used FXAA at all...only once)
By that,do you mean that the FXAA is available on all nvidia cards since this drivers version?
If yes...I can enable it and see a difference even with my ancient 84.21 drivers)

Or do you mean that FXAA becomes better in that driver version.
there's an actual option in the nvidia control panal for FXAA, so yes?
[Image: 16jrjhj.png]
Signature purposefully left blank.
That's just forcing it to always be on\on for certain program or all of the time everywhere.
I can still enable\disable FXAA by using the GSdx hotkey
nvcp FXAA overrides the pcsx2 FXAA
(04-14-2012, 01:46 AM)synce Wrote: In case anyone hasn't heard the 300.xx beta drivers (w/FXAA support) are now available for all Nvidia cards and wow what a difference. It's gotta be the best update for laptops since MTVU hack. Just wanted to say thanks for implementing it and also show off some comparison shots Smile

hardware mode, 3x resolution

0xAA: 91fps > 2xAA: 55fps > 4xAA: 41fps > FXAA: 80fps

Unfortunately it's not perfect - some areas of environment show no difference between 0xAA and FXAA, but wow those legs are smooth Ohmy

software mode

FXAA off: 96fps > FXAA on: 96fps

For the games that *must* be played in SW it's a sort of double edged sword. Smoother 3D but blurry 2D.

(For anyone who doesn't know, you can toggle FXAA in both SW and HW mode with Page Up key)

what game is that in the second set of screens?
If there was a way to use FXAA with PCSX2 before these drivers (via injector or something) I wasn't aware of it, so I'm not sure if performance or anything would be improved but man it's nice saying goodbye to jaggies Biggrin

BTW the game is Mini Bijo Keikan
is it gpu heavy? and is it better then the internal resolution options to get rid of the jaggies?
I don't know if this is normal but this is the result I get here

At least here,enabling it completely kills the speed boost that you get from the INTC speedhack(alll NIS\GUST games) and the game looks bad.

On KH2 it becomes little blurry,the speed does not decrease much but the quality it's still bad compared to without it(even with 2x scaling,it looks much better)