Failed to initiate!!!! Pls help :(
i just downloaded pcsx2 and installed
spent all of my efforts on the bios
and now these messages pop up whenever i wanna start anything on pcsx2

Failed loading MemoryCard from file: /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
Failed loading MemoryCard from file: /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2
Can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log
GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code: -1

PS: at the top of pcsx2 File ---> Run ELF File ---> ISO image and the i cant press ISO image. wt can i do to solve it? Sad
PLS HELP!!

Sponsored links

(07-04-2012, 06:04 PM)kakanaman1 Wrote: i just downloaded pcsx2 and installed
spent all of my efforts on the bios
and now these messages pop up whenever i wanna start anything on pcsx2

Failed loading MemoryCard from file: /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
Failed loading MemoryCard from file: /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2
Can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log
GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code: -1

PS: at the top of pcsx2 File ---> Run ELF File ---> ISO image and the i cant press ISO image. wt can i do to solve it? Sad
PLS HELP!!

First off, try to change the CDVD plugin to anything else than CDVDNull.
Second, do you actually have the memcard files in that directory?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Either you don't have the memory cards created or that directory cannot be read.
(07-05-2012, 01:49 AM)Kaze Wrote: First off, try to change the CDVD plugin to anything else than CDVDNull.
Second, do you actually have the memcard files in that directory?

Yes the memcard files are in the right folder i guess
/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/memcards

im a computer idiot can u teach me how to change the CDVD plugin? Smile
From the main window Config>Plugins/Bios

Under CD/DVD change to Gigaherz. Personally, I use the ISO selector in PCSX2. Under CDVD select Iso. Then under that same menu you can go to ISO Selector> Browse.

However, PCSX2 is looking for you mem cards in a different folder than where they are. Go to Config>Memory Cards and hit browse to select the right folder.
I'm getting the exact same error messages. I am using Linuz Iso CDVD. All my plugins load correctly.

13-inch, Early 2011
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
I made it work! Let me tell you what I did:

1. Under the Configure menu make sure your graphics is ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0
2. Click Configure
3. Go to the bottom of the right side where there are a bunch of options that you can choose with the checkbox. Make sure "No logarithmic Z" is checked.
4. Click OK.
5. Open XQuartz
6. Make sure you have root user enabled. Here is the link to do so
7. type: sudo tcsh
8. enter the password that you made for your root user (note: when you type in the password nothing will show up, when you have typed the password press Enter (or return I guess)
9. Move the pcsx2.app to your Applications folder
10. Open pcsx2.app from your Applications folder

Enjoy!
(I unfortunately was unable to because the game that I loaded only has a black screen show up Sad) but I know that everything works because when I tried to load the Bios everything worked and no error messages showed up
(07-05-2012, 10:02 PM)cdb3212 Wrote: I made it work! Let me tell you what I did:

2. Click Configure
3. Go to the bottom of the right side where there are a bunch of options that you can choose with the checkbox. Make sure "No logarithmic Z" is checked.
4. Click OK.
5. Open XQuartz
8. enter the password that you made for your root user (note: when you type in the password nothing will show up, when you have typed the password press Enter (or return I guess)

Enjoy!
(I unfortunately was unable to because the game that I loaded only has a black screen show up Sad) but I know that everything works because when I tried to load the Bios everything worked and no error messages showed up

it kinda works tks dude
but 1 more problem i discovered Sad
its that everytime i open pcsx2 and it said cant find bios and i hv to configure the bios everytime
is that normal or should i do sth?
tks anywaySmile)
(07-05-2012, 10:02 PM)cdb3212 Wrote: I made it work! Let me tell you what I did:

2. Click Configure
4. Click OK.
5. Open XQuartz

Enjoy!

and also i started the game and the game is lagging is that my plugins problem? if yes wt should i do to change those plugins?
(07-07-2012, 05:42 AM)kakanaman1 Wrote: and also i started the game and the game is lagging is that my plugins problem? if yes wt should i do to change those plugins?

As far as the bios loading problem I'm not sure how to fix that... it happened to me for a while then it stopped.

As for the lagging, I think it's your graphics plugin. I read a lot about fixing lag in games and it usually has to do with the graphics plugin. I'm not too sure what to change exactly but you could mess around in the configuration (there's a lot of options that fix some games specifically, you'll see it).