Failing to package in Fedora!
I'm just trying to package PCSX2 rev 5232 in Fedora (32 Bit, Fedora 16) but I'm failing; it builds just fine when I don't try to package it. There are new build options in cmakefiles which I've tried to keep up with, and I think these are probably the source of the problem; I've tried playing around with them but can't seem to get it right! I wondered if anyone (Gregory I expect Wink) could offer some advice.

Building with:
Code:
cmake CMakeLists.txt -DPACKAGE_MODE=TRUE -DXDG_STD=FALSE -DGLSL_API=FALSE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" -DPLUGIN_DIR=%{_libdir}/%{name} -DGAMEINDEX_DIR=%{_datadir}/%{name} -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SOUNDTOUCH=FALSE -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE -DSHARED_SDL=libpcsx2_SDL -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=TRUE
make %{?_smp_mflags} VERBOSE=1

The building stops at about 12%:

Code:
Linking CXX static library libUtilities.a
cd /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/common/src/Utilities && /usr/bin/cmake -P CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/cmake_clean_target.cmake
cd /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/common/src/Utilities && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/ar cr libUtilities.a  CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/AlignedMalloc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/CheckedStaticBox.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Console.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/EventSource.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Exceptions.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/FastFormatString.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/HashTools.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/IniInterface.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Linux/LnxMisc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Linux/LnxThreads.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Mutex.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/PathUtils.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/PrecompiledHeader.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxCheckBox.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxRadioPanel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxStaticText.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxStreams.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxTranslate.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/pxWindowTextWriter.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Semaphore.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/StringHelpers.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/ThreadingDialogs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/ThreadTools.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/vssprintf.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/VirtualMemory.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/wxAppWithHelpers.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/wxGuiTools.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/wxHelpers.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/x86/MemcpyVibes.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/x86/MemcpyFast.S.o
/usr/bin/ranlib libUtilities.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/CMakeFiles  24 25 26 27 28
[ 13%] Built target Utilities
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232'
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.FY2fEJ (%build)

Many thanks.

To add to the frustration this is a fresh installation of Fedora 16 which has been a problem to set up (although this is not the problem here I think). Really not liking my distro today!

Sponsored links

I've just noticed that I can set
-DBUILD_REPLAY_LOADERS=FALSE
-DGLSL_SHADER_DIR=%{_libdir}/%{name}

This gets me to about 20% built:

Code:
Linking CXX shared library libGSnull.so
cd /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/plugins/GSnull && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/lib/ccache/c++   -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables  -m32 -msse -msse2 -march=i686 -pthread -Wno-write-strings -Wno-format -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-value -Wstrict-aliasing -Wno-invalid-offsetof -pthread  -Wl,-z,relro  -shared -Wl,-soname,libGSnull.so -o libGSnull.so CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/GifTransfer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/GS.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/GSLog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/Registers.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/null/GSnull.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/Linux/Config.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/Linux/GSLinux.cpp.o CMakeFiles/GSnull.dir/Linux/Linux.cpp.o -lfreetype -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lICE -lX11 -lXext -s
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/CMakeFiles  14 15
[ 20%] Built target GSnull
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232'
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Qgndu9 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Qgndu9 (%build)
Show me full log otherwise I cann't help you. Normally the standard make must work.
Make install could fail because I move some files (namely shader files)
(05-26-2012, 11:11 PM)gregory Wrote: Show me full log otherwise I cann't help you. Normally the standard make must work.
Make install could fail because I move some files (namely shader files)

Not failing on make install. I've attached a file of the build output in the terminal and CmakeOutput.log:

.zip   pcsx2_rpm_build_log.zip (Size: 11,92 KB / Downloads: 251)

I've built again with DBUILD_REPLAY_LOADERS=TRUE. It crashes out earlier but probably the same issue.

I'm really stumped as it builds okay when I don't try to package it Sad
Ok. Here the issue:
/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-5232/plugins/GSdx/GSWnd.h:92:55: fatal error: ../../3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/include/SDL.h: No such file or directory
You must disable SDL: -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=FALSE (default behavior).
GSdx uses opengl directly now.
Great. I'll give it a try. Thanks Gregory Smile
Thankyou.
It builds to 100%. Some install failure due to new files but I can correct that now.
I am wondering about the status of Fedora and SDL in PCSX2. Should I continue providing a wrapper to use LD_PRELOAD to offer pcsx2 SDL support in Fedora (what with incompatiblities in native Fedora SDL?) or is SDL dropped now... I presume if I am not bulding against SDL so I no longer need the wrapper?
The short story: yes you can drop SDL and LD_PRELOAD. You can use native SDL

The long story: actually pcsx2 (the pad plugin) still depends on SDL but SDL1.2 is fine. GSdx needed only SDL1.3. The issue with Fedora (and most linux distribution) was the mix of SDL1.3 and SDL1.2 (wxwidget (fedora) depends on it). It is the main reason that I port GSdx to opengl.
(05-27-2012, 12:07 PM)gregory Wrote: The short story: yes you can drop SDL and LD_PRELOAD. You can use native SDL

The long story: actually pcsx2 (the pad plugin) still depends on SDL but SDL1.2 is fine. GSdx needed only SDL1.3. The issue with Fedora (and most linux distribution) was the mix of SDL1.3 and SDL1.2 (wxwidget (fedora) depends on it). It is the main reason that I port GSdx to opengl.

I should have asked as well - this will mean no more mixture of "experimental" and supported builds? Everything is supported now?

! was that really your 1000th post? We should celebrate somehow Wink
What do you mean by "no more mixture of "experimental" and supported builds"