Fast on TV, slow on laptop?
Thank you, followed all these steps, I guess it couldn't work better now Laugh

Can I ask you just one question? It isn't the same topic though.

The game I'm playing seemes to be bugging a lot because of some strange technical issues I don't really know about. I just know that everyone says it runs in software mode without bugs. But slower. So what is the software mode and what's the difference to hardware mode?

Sponsored links

The software renderer is puts all of the load on your CPU rather than doing some of the work on the GPU. It's more accurate, but at the cost of speed. If you can tell us your cpu, then we can tell you the best settings for it.

You can also toggle it with F9
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Software rendering mode is when all the emulation is done the processor of the computer. This allows, in turn, more accurate emulation of the PS2 and it's components.

Hardware rendering is when the graphics card helps render the scene using the GPU of the computer, this in turn, allows the emulation to occur at a quicker rate resulting in faster gameplay, but the accuracy of emulation typically takes a large hit.

The PS2 has several processors and is a very complex system to emulate for.
Thank you so much for your answers, you have helped me out so much today!!!

I guess this is my CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Yup, if you followed the mini-guide I wrote, you have the essential settings already configured, not much more you can do.

Enjoy PCSX2, have fun.
ok, you should go to config>video(GS)>plugin settings and and the bottom set 1 or 2 extra rendering threads.
Thank you! Now it runs better in battle !! Laugh

You guys are the best, seriously.
Have fun! Smile