Fatal Frame and r2842
I'm looking to start playing Fatal Frame, and I heard about a bug with the camera. Testing it myself, there is an issue and using logarithmic z didn't fix it. I know using software mode doesn't have this problem, but I don't want to use that. At least not yet. I hear that using r2842 doesn't have this issue at all.

But I don't really know what r2842 is or where to find it. The wiki says it's hard to find. Any help?

Sponsored links

unfortunately you won't receive any support for any version older then 1.0.0. so if you download it make sure that you won't have any issues Smile
Just use the latest SVN version and try that one to see if it works.

Lots of these wikis were written during the 0.9.8 and 0.9.7 days.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Using the latest SVN still doesn't work. One thing though, if in game I switch to software mode, and then switch right back to hardware, it starts to work. But this is likely just temporary. And since I'm playing the game for the first time, it's not something I can rely on because I don't know whether I'm supposed to be able to focus the camera or not. Or when to be prepared.

None of the r2842 links I found seem to work. Does anybody know where a working one is? Or if this camera problem will ever be fixed? I'd assume that if a revision breaks something, another one can fix it.
If you realllllly insist on using such a dinosaur version, just go to the home page, to the downloads section, and you can download one of the archived versions (0.9.7 or 0.9.8).
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

It's either that or have a broken mechanic. The old version still runs the game smoothly. The only thing I've noticed in the first 10 minutes or so is that sometimes, the screen jitters very very slightly. And that occasionally it takes longer to transition between cutscenes.