Fatal Frame freezes at final boss, Kirie
Question 
Hi
I have been playing Fatal Frame again for the last couple of days without any errors. But today i managed to reach the final boss at the Hells Gate. I managed to hit her with the camera once, when i tried again the game froze and i had to reset.
I was told to make saves repeatedly and keep resetting until it stopped freezing, but i have done that a large number of times but to no avail.
Does anyone know of anything else i could do to fix this?
Thanks

BTW i am on PCSX2 version 1.2.1

Sponsored links

Taken from the Wiki:

Quote:Last boss freeze

Type: Serious
Description: The game will not continue (sound still playing though), while going into finder mode.
Workaround: Use savestates as stated here

Update: This problem seems to surface when you enter finder mode facing towards the path going down to the gate, which is actually the direction you are in when the battle begins. The solution is to run around the final boss and enter finder mode facing the gate, not the path leading there.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-17-2015, 03:47 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Taken from the Wiki:

Thanks for the reply, i am yet to try the solution as my emulator just crashed and cleared my save states Laugh, i will have to do the final night again and get back to you.
Laugh

EDIT
I just followed the instructions and beat the game, it made her more of a challenge but its done, thanks for your help Laugh