Fate Unlimited Codes problem
(07-23-2009, 04:26 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: "I get 56-60fps during rounds in Fate"

Watch out for internal skipping. VU cycle stealing causes it with this game at medium, so, appart from being a strain on the eyes, causes a bit of delay with the input (or at least that's what I've noticed), thus screwing up your combos. Raising internal resolution worsens it, and raising it doesn't seems to do an antialiasing effect with this game, it just makes the image sharper (the same goes for FF games).

As for your question about power, I'd say you need of both, but most of the time, this game seems to depend a lot on the GPU, as my HD4870 gets bottlenecked sometimes when the game runs below 60 fps (99% usage of cpu shown in GSDX window). My e8400 is overclocked to 3.6 ghz.
so u absolutely NEVER get less then ~55 on any arenas ? real nice Smile hmm so you using the latest emu and gsDX (15XX-ish ?) .. could you elaborate on the settings a bit ? speed hacks/advanced/CPU and gsDX .. also what OS do u have ?

PS if you have settings the same as mine then I can only assume that you get your perfect fps from E8400 @ 3.6 Ghz, while my E6750 @ 3200 isn't enough Sad .. SSE4.1 and 400 MHz may do the trick - who knows

Sponsored links

"so u absolutely NEVER get less then ~55 on any arenas ?"

I didn't say this. FPS slowdowns as hell if I select, for example, Gilgamesh with his normal armor and Saber with her normal armor in any stage. Slowdowns depend a lot on how much physics the character models use and how much poligons are on screen. The minimum I get is 44 or something. The max is 60.

There's a stage that's especially slow, and that's the Heaven's Fell scenary.

I don't use speedhacks with this game, as they just give negative effects.

However, I haven't tested it on latest GSDX revision, but these seem to be broken with ATI cards on some games, so I better wait for that to get fixed.
ah well I put on all speed-hacks and it didn't look like anything was broken, sure combos aren't perfect, but I assume that's because of 41-53 fps I get