Fate: unlimited code and .hack slowdowns
Bug 
Hello,
I can play final fantasy X, and dark cloud at 1920x1080 60fps with no problems. However, in fate and .hack 1 they go into slow motion ( fps go below 30 and the game time slows with it). Changing the resolution back to ps2 native didn't fix it.
I tried frame skipping, speed hacks and tweaking the settings here and there but nothing seems to fix the slowdown.

Here's my PC spec:
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor 3.01GHz
8GB DDR3 corsair
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series 1GB

using PCSX2 0.9.7
settings:
[Image: Bios.png]

[Image: EEIOP.png]

[Image: GS.png]

[Image: GS_Window.png]

[Image: pluginsettings.png]

[Image: Plugins.png]

[Image: VUs.png]

Sponsored links

Put your resolution back to native for now while you try to correct your speed. You don't wanna make a change in Speedhacks that would've shown to help, only to have the increase in FPS to be masked (or bottlenecked) by an excessive resolution. I know, I know- your GPU should be plenty strong, but for the sake of things, let's eliminate as many variables as we can. You can always put the res back up once you get the game running at it's best at native.

You did not post a "Speedhacks" shot. These are most likely the settings you'll need to use to increase the FPS. You said you've tried Speedhacks, but an example of what you tried would be nice. Smile
Here you go.

Just to be clear, I have tried and tested every option. It did nothing to the slowdowns.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-12-2011, 02:43 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?

Simple map:

without speedhacks

with speedhacks

Big map:

without speedhacks

with speed hacks

Wild arms 5 slowdowns

EE at high% means your CPU is being maxed out for those games. Certain PS2 games push the emulator harder than others, and thus require a more beefy computer system to emulate.

You say .hack, but you didn't mention which series. The regular .hack games are fairly easy to emulate and should run well on your system, the /gu series however are markedly harder to emulate and require a fairly powerful system (3.5ghz+) to maintain a steady 60fps
[Image: 2748844.png]