Fedora 14 64bit errors pcsx2 0.9.7
Hey all,

I've installed all the necessary i686 packages to satisfy the ldd requirements of the pcsx2 executable, but I'm running into the following error when I try to start this pig up:

Code:
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxClientDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxMemoryDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV9wxPaintDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
Aborted (core dumped)

Normally I'm all about recompiling stuff to suit my purposes, but this isn't really telling me which library is having the problem. I'd rather not have to try to recompile pcsx2 itself.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored links

The library it's having trouble linking with is wxwidgets. When you compile wxwidgets, by default 2.4 compatibility is disabled, and the version that the binary is linking to had it disabled, but the 32 bit version on your system has it enabled, and the systems getting all confused.

So either you need a recompiled binary of pcsx2 that links against the version of wxwidgets you have, or a different version of wxwidgets compiled without the compatibility option enabled. I've only heard of this happening on Fedora, so I'm assuming most other distributions don't throw that configuration flag in. (Which makes sense, since if you follow the instructions for compiling wxwidgets on Linux on the wxwidgets wiki page, they don't have you enable 2.4 compatibility either.)

I've heard the same issue happens with Fedora and Dolphin, so a different copy of wxwidgets may be a better option. (Though I'm not familiar enough with Fedora to know if there are 3rd party repositories for it that would have a usable copy of wxwidgets in them...)
thnx for the reply arcum, i am having the same problem too and it looks like its only fedora 64 thts having the problem as i tried it on other 64 distro and it worked fine and the problem seems to be occuring with a few other apps as well, haven't figured the solution yet but i will post it as soon as i find out thnx again for explaination.
Ask (fedora bug tracker) the maintainer to drop the the 2.4 compatibility flags.
1/ No program in fedora use 2.4 (or it is really times to port them). Well maybe old rhel stuff.
2/ It is impossible to ship a binary for several distribution which is bad for distribution eco-system.

Otherwise ask them to create a package for PCSX2. I can provide help for it.
i see a simalar post to mine, was wondering if they can be linked?

sorry for my double post moderators!!
Any updates or plugins, pls send, or atleast notify me of info on plugin
See:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-on-...#pid171489

Wink

(05-23-2011, 08:52 PM)gregory Wrote: See:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-on-...#pid171489

Wink

thnx, lol
Any updates or plugins, pls send, or atleast notify me of info on plugin