Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few Questions (Non Emulator Related)
Alright, I've got questions. I know the emulator is able to play online, but what I'm wondering is that if it can access the online data offline. I mentioned in the intro threat that I play Monster Hunter. Since the servers are offline, I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the online quests offline. I hear people can do it on Monster Hunter 2 using a codebreaker, so I figured you could do it for the first game.

The other question I have is if there is a language translator program for video games. I'm interested in importing a Japanese PS2 game and I was hoping I could de-code it. I know this all sounds noobish, but there should be something out there. Just hoping.

Sponsored links

There exists no automatic translation program for PS2 games. But their are some good Japanese Books and very good online dictionaries.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
That's what I figured for that. Seems like I have to learn Japanese to get by. What about playing the online portion of the game offline? I haven't found a private server that offers this for Monster Hunter.
(01-28-2009, 10:59 PM)Juggernaut Wrote: That's what I figured for that. Seems like I have to learn Japanese to get by. What about playing the online portion of the game offline? I haven't found a private server that offers this for Monster Hunter.

Unless you run your own private server on the same machine, no dice. All the important stuff happens on the server, to prevent/mitigate any cheating. So you can't really play the online parts without it, since it's all done server-side.

Begin too much information:

The number 1 rule of client/server software design is stated as thus, "Never trust the client". All critical computations are handled on the server, which is under the company's control and therefore can be trusted. The client (the game) can be modified by the end user, and therefore should never be trusted.

A good example is an MMO like WoW. You can hack your local software all you'd like to do whatever you want, but it will NEVER have an effect on the game state. You can hack it to send information like "I have 30,000 gold!" and the server will respond back "Yeah... no you don't". The server knows everything, all the client does is feed it your input and display the results.

End too much information.

This has been your daily dose of knowledge, resume your normal activities.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Well that's troublesome. I can just imagine how hard it is to set up a PS2 game server too. Although I found out that Codebreaker has "cheats" where you can do the quests by doing specific things. Not sure how it works, but I've got to find the codes first. Also, unless it's illegal, might someone give me a bit of knowledge on how to set up a PS2 game server?
(01-29-2009, 04:21 AM)Juggernaut Wrote: Well that's troublesome. I can just imagine how hard it is to set up a PS2 game server too. Although I found out that Codebreaker has "cheats" where you can do the quests by doing specific things. Not sure how it works, but I've got to find the codes first. Also, unless it's illegal, might someone give me a bit of knowledge on how to set up a PS2 game server?

It can't be done, not unless some massive project has managed to recreate the server software. Each game uses different software, so if you can't find a good resource on how to make a private server on Google than consider it dead and move on.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(01-29-2009, 07:41 AM)echosierra Wrote: It can't be done, not unless some massive project has managed to recreate the server software. Each game uses different software, so if you can't find a good resource on how to make a private server on Google than consider it dead and move on.

Alright. Thanks for the help. Looks like I've got to use a codebreaker to fight the online monsters. Do you know how to get a codebreaker working on the emulator? By working I mean switching the disks since you can't switch disks while in game...