Fight .night Round 3
Hello, i'm using latest version of emulator and i'm kind of stuck. I'm not having any problem with the fps(59-60), but when the fight starts, game is slowing while FPS is still stable. My system:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHZ
Nvidia gtx 265 Synergy
DDR3 4 GB Ram
Simply i have a wonderful system for this game, and i think i have a problem with the emulator. can you help me with the setting setup?

Sponsored links

Code:
game is slowing down even dough FPS is stable
= false FPS reading. Probably you're using too much speedhacks. If that's the case "fps" will not really show your game true speed.
(08-13-2011, 03:15 AM)miseru99 Wrote:
Code:
game is slowing down even dough FPS is stable
= false FPS reading. Probably you're using too much speedhacks. If that's the case "fps" will not really show your game true speed.

I closed the hacks and my FPS:33=34. Game looks a little bit faster/but its still too slow for a stable gameplaying
What should i do?
What are EE/GS% at the top of your game window - any of it reaches 100% or close? And for the speedhacks, you can use recommended ones, they are ok and often add a few fps without any problems, not recommended ones always require testing with each gameTongue as they can slow it down or glitch it instead of speeding it up.

Also what are your GSdx settings? Your gpu can be a bottleneck here too.
(08-13-2011, 03:32 AM)miseru99 Wrote: What are EE/GS% at the top of your game window - any of it reaches 100% or close? And for the speedhacks, you can use recommended ones, they are ok and often add a few fps without any problems, not recommended ones always require testing with each gameTongue as they can slow it down or glitch it instead of speeding it up.

Also what are your GSdx settings? Your gpu can be a bottleneck here too.

All settings are default in Gsdx .If u mean the setup ones, i selected them as they come. i can easily say gs has higher value than ee.. Its usually 70-99 for ee, 90-110 for gs. I've used recommended ones in other situation.
Dunno how it get's to 110% ;O, but well I doubt anything can help with it, lowering internal res probably will not help when it's gs thread limited, but you can try setting it as custom res for something like 300x300 and see if you get any speedup, if nothing changes, return to native. Maybe setting(in GSdx config) "Allow 8-bit textures" could help at least a bit, soo it's worth to try.

Anyway this game seems to be more demanding one and your system is probably too weak for it, I heard about this game like first time soo I wouldn't really know. If it would be only EE limited then there would be an other option to try now, but if it's also GS limited, soo... well it sucks;].

You could try as last resort svn version from here, newest VU thread could help in EE speed. But not really sure if it'll help you much, gif transfer rewrite actually was speeding VU also not GS, will not help you probablyTongue.
(08-13-2011, 04:05 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Dunno how it get's to 110% ;O, but well I doubt anything can help with it, lowering internal res probably will not help when it's gs thread limited, but you can try setting it as custom res for something like 300x300 and see if you get any speedup, if nothing changes, return to native. Maybe setting(in GSdx config) "Allow 8-bit textures" could help at least a bit, soo it's worth to try.

Anyway this game seems to be more demanding one and your system is probably too weak for it, I heard about this game like first time soo I wouldn't really know. If it would be only EE limited then there would be an other option to try now, but if it's also GS limited, soo... well it sucks;].

You could try as last resort svn version from here, newest VU thread could help in EE speed. But not really sure if it'll help you much, gif transfer rewrite actually was speeding VU also not GS, will not help you probablyTongue.

Well, frankly im quite shocked cause my system is very good actually, i can play the new games at highest quality and i saw a video on youtube, this guy who has lower system than mine can play it perfectly on his system. i dont think i have a problem with computer, i think problem in the configuration or smthng else.
there is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTPJrE7iBLk

My system(for remind you)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz
DDR3 4 GB RAM
GA-MA790XT-UD4P Motherboard
Nvidia Gtx 265 Synergy
Actually, the video is most likely recorded with the internal GSdx recorder which speeds up the footage to 60FPS dispite the speed while recording.

And emulation cannot be compared to PC gaming, it is much more intensive than PC gaming.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Actually his system is:
-Intel Core2Duo E8400 @4000Mhz
-Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB
That's WAY much better than what you haveTongue.

But he's also using some ancient PCSX2, soo maybe you try getting it too. It's unsupported, but you can experiment on your own with old PCSX2.
Try running it at some 0.9.6 like he does, you can still get it here.
(08-13-2011, 04:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Actually his system is:
-Intel Core2Duo E8400 @4000Mhz
-Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB
That's WAY much better than what you haveTongue.

But he's also using some ancient PCSX2, soo maybe you try getting it too. It's unsupported, but you can experiment on your own with old PCSX2.
Try running it at some 0.9.6 like he does, you can still get it here.
I tried that solution too Smile
I think my graphic card WAY better than that, and he is using oc,thats obvious Smile