Final Boss Cutscene Error (Ico)
Howdy, all. I've tried to find a solution for this both in the forums and elsewhere, as well as trying on my own. Apologies if I'm asking an often-asked question.

After either watching or attempting to skip the cutscene before the final boss fight in Ico, I get a CPU usage of %0 and a black screen with no audio.

Any help would be appreciated; been trying to finish the game for a while now, and this is hopefully the last speedbump.

Thanks much.

Using GSdx 0.1.15 (SSE2, DX10 hardware mode), USA BIOS v01.60

*edit*

Sorry, sig didn't get attached for some reason; using beta 1474.

Sponsored links

Let's see, load from a memcard after disabling all hacks. If that doesn't do it, try fiddling with the advanced options, like changing round modes
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-31-2009, 09:23 AM)Bositman Wrote: Let's see, load from a memcard after disabling all hacks. If that doesn't do it, try fiddling with the advanced options, like changing round modes

Alright, I'll give this a shot after class today. In from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ;_;

Thank you kindly, sir.
AMD X2 5200 (Windsor) @ 3.0 ghz
ATI HD4850 XFX 1GB
4GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 RC x64

Beta 1474 (recommended plugins, etc.)
the game not need speed hacks at at all!{for me at least}
it's runing on full speed all the time.
speed hacks even makes the game to work worse.
Well, I played up to the boss from my last save point again (just outside the main gate) without any speed hacks. I still can't get past the cutscene where the boy talks to the Queen, though. My CPU usage is fluctuating with all sorts of weird numbers, like 776583678%, just as an example. What would be a good idea for round mode to try first? This wouldn't be such a pain if it didn't take me 20 minutes to get to the boss from the final save point. :[
ATI HD4850 XFX 1GB
Windows 7 RC x64

Hm, try using the latest GSdx ( http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx ).
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Another question: for testing purposes, is it not advisable to load from a save state? Just wondering since it takes so long to get from the last save to the boss.

*edit*

As an aside, using the latest version of gsdx improved my image quality and FPS significantly. I'm getting those weird blobby shadows now, but that's tolerable.

*edit 2*

Just played up to that part again with the updated gsdx. Same black screen.
ATI HD4850 XFX 1GB
Windows 7 RC x64

Uhm, are you playing the game from disc or ISO? If from ISO try remaking the ISO or playing from the disc, if from disc try making a ISO and play from there. Also did you try it with the stable PCSX2 0.9.6?

Also can you show us your pcsx2 settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
You need to set EE and VU clamping to "extra", that much I know.
Else the controls sometimes go weird (VU), or some cutscenes freeze (EE).
i cant start this game (i get black blank screen). do i have to setup something specific 4 this game to start it?
all other games works fine (more - less)
thx.