Final Fantasy 10
Well since iv discovered that I am only getting 28FPS on Kingdomhearts 2 and Doing the researching finding you need a super computer to emulate it on current PCSX2, I have decided to try FFX. iv heard that i runs much faster than other ps2 games so right now I am extracting it from my FFX ps2 disk and making it an iso. file.

What i need to know is if my hints are true and it will run faster than KH 2 does.

Anyone?

My Specs:

Machine: Alienware m15x Laptop
GFX: NIVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT

Other:
[Image: Specs.png]

Sponsored links

Just make sure you have your graphics plugin set to SSE4.1 and your using Direct-X 10, and you should get good speeds (might need to enable a speed hack or 2)

You can also overclock your cpu for better speeds. Though i advise against it if you've never dont it before or know what your doing.
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
hmm, decided to try out that tip aswell but it says my cpu does not support SSE4.1
(04-13-2009, 05:26 AM)asvati Wrote: hmm, decided to try out that tip aswell but it says my cpu does not support SSE4.1

I was told never to overclock Laptops. Also what would be your guess for my system as to how it will run it? FPS guess?
When you start up PCSX2, it should tell you in the prompt what instruction sets are detected on your CPU. SSSE3 will do well as well, i play FFX on a 2.4GHz Core 2 Quad Q6600 unoverclocked just fine at a perfect 50FPS(International version), and it only dips down very rarely, maybe 3 or 4 times before i beat it. I'm not sure about Kingdom Hearts 2, but FFX "may" run okay on your PC, 2.1GHz is a little weak for PCSX2. Overclocking a Laptop CPU can be rather risky because of the lack of decent cooling. I too would say don't bother overclocking if you don't know how to do so. I would say try FFX with what you're running now and see how it runs. Don't expect a good framerate in Zanarkand in the very beginning of the game, my framerate was terrible in Zanarkand, but perfect everywhere after that. You can enable Speedhacks and set your resolution to Native to get an FPS boost.

(04-13-2009, 05:51 AM)ILCDI Wrote: I was told never to overclock Laptops. Also what would be your guess for my system as to how it will run it? FPS guess?

I would say you should get maybe pretty close to full frames on your system if you use SSE4.1. You will certainly get full frames in most parts of the game i would say. Atleast in FFX.
it's the same thing with SSSE3, says my cpu dosent support it, have to use SSE2, my fps is at around 20-30 and it stutters pretty bad, worst is movie clips etc. I have 3,1 Ghz. but yeah, might just be zanarkand.
What processor are you using asvati?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
@ILCDI: Sorry didn't realise it was a laptop, then yes i recommend not overclocking. If you look at my laptop(sig) i get full frames except in some area's and spells with FFX. Though i do all speedhacks on. Your cpu is stronger so i suggest playing around with the speedhacks and you should be able to get full speeds.

@ASVATI: Not all cpu's support SSSE3 or SSE4.1, if pcsx2 doesn't detect either of those then unfortunately your stuck with SSE2.
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
@KrazyTrumpeter05: I'm using a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, hurray for ***** long namesTongue

@Mortred: Aye, was my first thought of course but sometimes stuff like this can be errors or have walkaroundsSmile anyway, is SS4,1 way better than SS2?
(04-13-2009, 01:51 PM)asvati Wrote: @KrazyTrumpeter05: I'm using a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, hurray for ***** long namesTongue

@Mortred: Aye, was my first thought of course but sometimes stuff like this can be errors or have walkaroundsSmile anyway, is SS4,1 way better than SS2?

yes SSE4.1 is way better then SSE2, so is SSSE3.

Only intel cpu's support SSSE3 and SSE4.1. AMD have equivilant/similar architecture's but they are not supported by PCSX2. So if your looking for an upgrade, the intel cpu's are the way to go.
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit