Final Fantasy 12 - Runnning a bit too slow...
I am new to PCSX2, and have little experience whatsoever concerning it, therefore I came here to see if anyone could help me out...

So, here's the issue:

Final Fantasy XII is running a wee bit too slow on my PCSX2 (not very much though).

Would speed hacks aid me?

Here are my PC specs:

packard bell easynote tm85 (my laptop)

GPU: Intel GMA HD
Memory: Shared
Type: Integrated
3DMark06 Score: 1448

Type: HDD 5400 rpm
Capacity: 320 GB
Optical Drive: DVD RW

Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core i3 330M (2 cores)
Memory: 3 GB DDR3

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

(12-01-2011, 09:38 AM)BaschFonRonsenburg Wrote: GPU: Intel GMA HD
Memory: Shared
Type: Integrated
3DMark06 Score: 144

Quote:Score: 0 out of 4

Minumum Req. :FAILED
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. :FAILED
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. :FAILED
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD athlon 64,486,586,Intel-Atom,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement.

i think it wont help even w/ speedhacks because you have a built-in(integrated) video card thus it's outside the minimum requirements.
don't expect best configuration on it...i think you need to run the emulator in other PC you have w/ have a dedicated video card.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Yeah, I run it in super HD but I got the 3 gig video card to back it up so while most integrated cards are 256-512 mb you might want to use minimum settings for a while or get a great video card Tongue2. I still get FPS drop cut in half when I open the inventory so it could probably be emulated better there but it's still super demanding for some games, and specifically for higher def resolutions.
Brother, try to find the 1888 version of the emu.
For some reason Unknown to me, this is the fastest revision I've ever found. Most games play with 10 to 20 FPS more than on any of the newest versions.

About speed hacks, here is how I Play:
All on the max on gameplay, when cutscenes arrive I usually set EE to the real speed, so no desync.
The older versions have many internal components missing and therefore a low compatibility.
They work well for many games though and may get faster in them, due to the missing code.
That's not guaranteed though, as they're also missing the newer optimizations.
In the end it depends on the game played.