Final Fantasy 12 small movies
First off, I've been able to run every game on pcsx2 that is compatible at full speed at whatever settings pleased me, usually custom at my full resolution (1680x1050) except Shadow of the Colossus, which lagged a little under extreme settings. So I don't think the problem is in hardware

In final Fantasy XII, all the movies are very small; I think they're the size that the ps2's natural resolution is. No matter what settings i tweak, they're always that small. This is when I have selected 16:9 from the in game screen aspect selection. When I leave it at 4:3, the movie stretches to what widescreen would be on a 4:3 tv, and this blurs the hell out of the image, but it's bigger.

I'm using GSDX10, Direct3D10 hardware, no interlacing, custom scaling to 1680x1050 (which is 16:10 I know, but wouldn't custom scale that for me?) texture filtering, no 8 bit textures

There are no game fixes, only the INTC spin detection and Wait Loop detection and mVU flag hack for speedhacks. Help me if you please.

(PS not my first post, the loch ness monster ate my other one apparently and I can't recover the pass)

Sponsored links

Bump in the night
It's most likely the fact that you're trying to use a custom resolution. Give upscaling a shot. Try maybe x2.
I got it, but it was a combination of your advice and something else. My window settings had been stretch and that was ballsing something up.
What is native ps2 resolution?
(09-20-2011, 12:43 AM)pwngo Wrote: I got it, but it was a combination of your advice and something else. My window settings had been stretch and that was ballsing something up.
What is native ps2 resolution?

Cool.
It depends on the game really. Some games have slightly different resolutions. You can set the game to "Native" and check the top of your GSDX window for the res it's running in.