Final Fantasy First Movie *Crash*
Quote:Auron Look!
Type: Crash
Affected Game Versions: Unknown
Description: Game crashes during the introduction of the game, right after Auron states "Look!"
Solution: Should be fixed. Please use the discussion page if you suffer from this problem.

This was the answer I found on the pcxs2 wiki section however It is still happening for me.

All speed/hack fixed has been checked like on the wiki site and the game is running at 87fps smoothly, audio, subtitle everything works.

The screen after the movie gives a compleet white screen, pauze option (ingame) doesn't work, nether does the playstation reset (l1+l2+start+select+R1+R2)

Information about the laptop:

Cpu: GenuineIntel
Family: Intel Core i7 M620 @ 2,67GHz
Cpu Speed: 2659Mhz
Memory: 4G 1067 Mhz DDR3
GFX card: Nvidia GeForce GT 3300M VRAM 512MB
Built in: Intel HD graphics 288 VRAm

Sponsored links

(07-23-2011, 04:33 PM)Sigma-final Wrote: This was the answer I found on the pcxs2 wiki section however It is still happening for me.

All speed/hack fixed has been checked like on the wiki site and the game is running at 87fps smoothly, audio, subtitle everything works.

The screen after the movie gives a compleet white screen, pauze option (ingame) doesn't work, nether does the playstation reset (l1+l2+start+select+R1+R2)

Information about the laptop:

Cpu: GenuineIntel
Family: Intel Core i7 M620 @ 2,67GHz
Cpu Speed: 2659Mhz
Memory: 4G 1067 Mhz DDR3
GFX card: Nvidia GeForce GT 3300M VRAM 512MB
Built in: Intel HD graphics 288 VRAm

this is a well known issue with the current version of PCSX2 for Mac. the best/only real way to get past that is to load a game save file from a point later in the game. Trust, after that, it runs smoothly and beautifully. Dig in these forums a bit (or just use some Google) and you'll come across save files for download--just make sure it's the NTSC or PAL versions that you need, as, obviously, only PAL saves go with PAL games, etc. Seriously, until the update to PCSX2 for Mac, this is the only real solution.
If I remember correctly the problem is the CDVD plugin, not sure if there's others to use in MAC tho ><
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
tried both with the CDplugin as with the Iso plugin both ain't working.
If someone would be able to post a link where I could download a link that contains a european .ps2 final fantasy save after the first intro movie ("intro" sin attacks) then I would be in that persons debt Tongue
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-Bug--...#pid177005 it's not like you were first having this problem.:3