Final Fantasy X
Hi there again! I already got the game and i tryed to play. Result? Not so good. I was expecting a bit more speed really. I hadnt started the game yet, but i have been trying to get better configurations (by my own.. changing things and restarting game) but i am not that good with this. My pcsx2 is normally runing with 30-40 fps.. is there something i can do to improve a bit the speed?
Anyway, i have some questions i would like to ask anyone who want to help me.. there are some things that I am not understanding, for example, what is the diference between pcsx2 and pcsx2 playground? why some people have a "speed hack" menu i dont in their pcsx2 emulator?, which graphic plugin should i use, ZeroGS or GSdx9? Why that one and not the other one? How do i configure it? It is better to run the game from the cd or from an iso (or something like that) in the computer? Why, if i read in the pcsx2 tutorial that you cant use MTGS function with GScx9, does some people use it anyway getting good results? which one is the latest version of pcsx2? I donwloaded the version of the website but is not tha one tenow use... Wacko Wacko Wacko
I think i have many other questions but these ones are the most relevant. Hope someone can help me, and trust me i am really making all my effort to run FFX on my pc! Thanks!

Sponsored links

Well ffx is going fine for me, true theres a few slowdowns but its a turn based game so doesnt matter and it only makes the sound a tiny tiny bit laggy but still plays good.

Use gsdx plugin use dual core mode which is MTGS use x2 or x3 speed hack and the other speedhacks. pcsx2 playgrond btw is a extended group of ppl who have the source code from original pcsx2 i think and they have so far been very active and have gone really far since the official original pcsx2. More games work and progress is constant with betas released regulary.
where do i get those speedhacks? in which pcsx2 version they are? thanks.
Hey there! I already read a lot about the minimal requirements to play FFX fine in PCSX2 and PCSX2PG. I already read about the game not running SOOOO fine in laptops. I got a problem though, and it's laptop related.

I got a laptop with Windows Vista Premium Installed, Intel C2Duo @ 2.0GHz, with 2GB RAM, and GMA965 video card (:/). Some time ago I tried PCSX2 v.0.9.4 and the game ran R-E-A-L-L-Y slow. Tried to forget my disappointment (Blush). Some days ago I was searching for updates on my computer programs and came across PCSX2PG svn609. I tried it right away, and the speed i got was awesome! I needed to turn the speed limiter on so that I could get regular speeds (50-55fps). The only problem though.... is that back in pcsx2 v.0.9.4 the emulator emulated everything. Now the PG version doesnt emulate everything. It actually emulates almost nothing, as all the sprites just aren't there. (their shadows appear where they should be though!).

Now comes the hard part. How can I get that right? I already tried changing every single bit of configuration but to no avail. What's the point in getting good speeds if I can't see what's moving? Tongue Before it was slow, now that's in adequate speed I can't see TongueTongueTongue.....

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate that! Thx in advance!

Sorry for anything, or if I transgress any forum rules, or if I seemed illiterate by mispelling something.

I actually already downloaded pcsx2pg-svn636, but didnt try yet! As soon as I have a word about this latest version I'll update/edit this post of mine.
Mpatriota - you either have VUskip/frameskip turned on or NLoop hack turned off in GSDX (or FFX hack turned off in ZeroGS) or something. Regardless, it's "fast" because it's not emulating everything.

Slider - check the official site a bit more thoroughly for the official playground beta, or check one of the stickies in the playground forum here for the latest playground beta.
Nloop hack MUST be turned on not off in GSDX. You dont need vuskip besides its broke at the mo in latest builds.
Hey and where i can get a version with more speed hacks? It seems that it is the last thing that maybe could give some extra fps's (now is like 40-50fps normally). I say thins cause i saw many ss's and some youtube videos where are shown some versions of the emulator with more speedhacks. Should i try to get one of those? Or is better to just use the one of th pcsx2 website and enable the "Disable force ABS" and "EE/IOP Sync Hack" options?
(01-27-2009, 09:15 PM)Silder Wrote: Hey and where i can get a version with more speed hacks? It seems that it is the last thing that maybe could give some extra fps's (now is like 40-50fps normally). I say thins cause i saw many ss's and some youtube videos where are shown some versions of the emulator with more speedhacks. Should i try to get one of those? Or is better to just use the one of th pcsx2 website and enable the "Disable force ABS" and "EE/IOP Sync Hack" options?

the videos that are created in pcsx2 are always sped up to fullspeed, but in reality the game might be running slow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(01-27-2009, 09:15 PM)Silder Wrote: Hey and where i can get a version with more speed hacks? It seems that it is the last thing that maybe could give some extra fps's (now is like 40-50fps normally). I say thins cause i saw many ss's and some youtube videos where are shown some versions of the emulator with more speedhacks. Should i try to get one of those? Or is better to just use the one of th pcsx2 website and enable the "Disable force ABS" and "EE/IOP Sync Hack" options?

You can try it if you want, but since you're not good with PCs, I suggest using the official Pcsx2 Pg 1.0.0395 (you can find it here) or any beta versions of Pcsx2 Pg (here) The official release is better 'cause it's more stable then the betas (as my experiment). And, you must know this: the more speedhacks, the more unstable. So you have to choose, a playable game with few problems or a game with some more fps but might be crashed anytime.

I'm using Pcsx2 Pg 1.0.0395, and I finished FFX without any problems. I got 60 fps almost time (fps limit on) except some scenes it got around 40 fps (where there were too much graphic effects)

I also tried some betas releases, with many configurations. Sometimes it faster but sometimes slower, and it could be crashed, that's the main problem.

My PC specs (not much powerful than yours, and it's a laptop)
Core2 T7600 2.33Ghz
2Gb Ram
GeForce GO 7600 GT

I hope this help, and sorry for my bad English Tongue
I've been playing FFX for several days now on Pcsx2_Pg VM. I'm getting pretty good speeds at most points. At times however, fps will drop down to 70-80%. I have an C2duo at 2.4 GHz with 4 gigs of ram, using dual Geforce 6700 M GT. I have all options activated in CPU config and I'm using GSdx 872m SSSE3 with peops SPU2 1.9.0. The strange thing is, when the fps drop, my processor isn't running at 100%. It's only running at 60-70%. Where is the slowdown coming from here?