Final Fantasy X
Lots of people seem to be running FF X on maximum fps on machines with characteristics similar to mine. However, I don't seem to be able to run the game properly - during battles, many movies and in some areas my fps drops to 30-35. Could you recommend some pcsx configuration that works best with Final Fantasy X( i've tried quite a few ), or are there some hacks or patches that could help me increase the fps? My specifications are as follows:

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 2,4
NVidia GeForce 8600 GT
2 GB DDR RAM

Sponsored links

Regarding your CPU you can't expect some solid full FPS.
Post your speed hack setting and plugin to let us help you improve it.

Normally, this happen because you used old PCSX, Old Plugin and Old Graphic driver and etc .....
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Speedhack:

I'm using x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack and Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate.

Plug-ins:

Graphics:GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14

Cdvdrom: Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0

Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0

Bios: USA v02.00

*I also tried overclocking my processor, which helped a bit but I switched it back to normal because the temperature rose quite a bit - is 66C(on full load) a tolerable temperature for a CPU?.
Try the latest pcsx2 beta and use "VU cycle stealing" speedhack set to slight (higher might cause problems), that should be enough.
OK, I'll try that.
btw, which version of the game runs better - NTSC or PAL?
Well the Pal version runs at 50FPS at full speed and the NTSC version runs at 60FPS at full speed. So i always use Pal games so if you get lag it's not a bad as on NTSC game and also because i'm in the UK so it's hard to get NTSC games.
What internal resolution are you playing at? I had a GeForce 8600 GT and it was pretty pathetic on PCSX 2 try lowering the resolution and see if that helps.
I'm running an 8600GT and 2.2 dc and doing fine, but yea.. iop x2 ee 1.5 and VUstealing level 1 SHOULD be fine

(and update your GSdx for a good speed boost)
Well I did what you guys told me to and now the game's running quite smoothly(maintains 100% almost all of the times, it only drops to 85-90% during some movies and in a few areas, for 10-12 seconds max). My internal resolution is 1024x1024. I have the PAL version of the game so even when there's lag it's tolerable. Thanks.
Your computer isbetter than me.
I can play finish FFX with 60FPS.
But I must open Speed Hackwith the pic.....
Try again???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)