Final Fantasy X-2 FMVS problem
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(03-24-2010, 06:25 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

thanksLaugh
With me the movies run at 25-35 fps and it flickers, I haven't tried the emu for quite some time, so I don't know any settings anymore. I'm using the r1888 and the plugin pack from March 11th.

the specs of my pc has changed a tiny bit. Instead of 2 Gigs I'm using 6 now and instead of my Asus EAH2600xt I've got a Club3D Radeon 5770. ofcourse my drivers are updated. Also I'm running on Win7 x64 Ultimate Smile
What matters most is CPU dual core and higher clockspeed the better yet still stable. I usually suggest over 3GhZ + even though less will still work.
unfortunate a new CPU + Motherboard have to wait since I'm not that rich and my CPU can run every game with ease, though I notice indeed with the newer games, that now my CPU is the bottleneck Smile But I used to be able to play FF-X & FF-X2 normal, but it's quite annoying that the movies flicker and the sound sounds terrible. FFX & FFX-2 runs just great with my former x2600xt, though I didn't had an opportunity to remove the movie flickering.
(04-10-2010, 02:44 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: unfortunate a new CPU + Motherboard have to wait since I'm not that rich and my CPU can run every game with ease, though I notice indeed with the newer games, that now my CPU is the bottleneck Smile But I used to be able to play FF-X & FF-X2 normal, but it's quite annoying that the movies flicker and the sound sounds terrible. FFX & FFX-2 runs just great with my former x2600xt, though I didn't had an opportunity to remove the movie flickering.

ffx runs perfect at me both the gameplay and the videos , ffx-2 runs the gameplay perfect but the videos are terrible so instead of trying to fix it i decided to download the videos of ffx-2 (only 11 or so videos) and decided to watch them when i got at that point of the game , and my laptop isnt that great
I can play the FMV on average 58 FPS without speedhacks, with latest official beat 1888 and plugins on March 11th 2010.
[Image: contest.jpg]

Here for more information in Off-Topic:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-14053.html
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
I think the black bar is an issue with the PAL version of the game. I just started playing FFX-2 [PAL] on PCSX2 and the cutscenes have the thick black bar at the bottom.

Hardware mode in GSdx makes it flicker and shows not only a thick black box, but another box above that one. And to get rid of the flickering you need to use an interlace that makes the video too dark.

Software mode makes the movie play perfectly (apart from the black box). A little blurry of course, but it plays fine. Unfortunately the black box remains and since my PC isn't too good I get bad FPS, but the FMV works nonetheless =P

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
@ Larfin I've tried GSdx and Zero GS, and both have the flickering in the video's Smile also I run in Hardware since GSdX is the only plugin with DX11 Smile The flickering can be ignored for me, but though the sound sounds like it's massively slowed down, while my FPS is 30+ I guess I need to play more with the settings then. Too bad that I didn't saved my settings before I used PCSX2 again so I won't have these issues ^^
A (Software) renderer and interlacing (F5 while ingame) options should let you watch the FMVs nicely, 30FPS is half speed so it's no wonder it sounds bad.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64