Final Fantasy X-2 FMVS problem
ok so i turned my Final Fantasy X-2 dvd into an iso and decided to play it on pcsx2. but when it starts the first FMV it shows at the bottom of the screen a full black bar and at the other screen black lines so it makes it terrible:/
i decided to left it and after the fmv the game runs perfect...but when yuna joins in and attacks with her guns it shows another fmv and it is the same as the other...so any suggestions? i changed the plugins and the speed hacks but i dont know what to change exactly and btw my pc is new it is two months old.
so i dont need suggestions like try change your plugins or stuff like that i need more accurate answers if you can
thanksLaugh

Sponsored links

You can watch them fine with native resolution enabled and some interlacing or switching to software mode while playing with the F9 key (can also switch between interlacing modes with F6).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-23-2010, 02:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You can watch them fine with native resolution enabled and some interlacing or switching to software mode while playing with the F9 key (can also switch between interlacing modes with F6).

i tried native and interlacing it plays the fmvs better although the black bar at the bottom is still there (and one more thing when they talk at the fmvs the subtitles arent gone but instead they are placed one over the other so its a bit confusing to read them) but the ingame's gameplay graphics are a little worse than normal and the screen is a darker
so any ideas?
So use the software switch then (F9), should display everything correctly and you can return to your normal graphics after a FMV with F9 again.
(03-23-2010, 04:40 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: So use the software switch then (F9), should display everything correctly and you can return to your normal graphics after a FMV with F9 again.

well basically when i press F9 during the FMVs or the gameplay it does nothing...:/ it doesnt even change at all
Huh, well it usually works.
It's only 11 FMVs in the game so if you don't want to be switching modes all the time by suspend/change settings/resume you could just watch them in youtube or something, the FMVs are usually too slow in PCSX2 to enjoy them too anyway.
(03-23-2010, 08:09 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Huh, well it usually works.
It's only 11 FMVs in the game so if you don't want to be switching modes all the time by suspend/change settings/resume you could just watch them in youtube or something, the FMVs are usually too slow in PCSX2 to enjoy them too anyway.

11 only? wow then i guess its okay to watch them in youtube anyway
i thought there where more:/
so anyway thanks for the advices and one more thing...i havent played the game yet but i know there are two endings
you get the one if you complete it 100% right?
so i am wondering if those two endings are in all versions of ffx-2 i mean like PAL and NTSC versions cuz i have the PAL one and i want to see the secret ending tooTongue
No idea, I suppose they are :P
(03-23-2010, 07:27 PM)eisaieleos Wrote: well basically when i press F9 during the FMVs or the gameplay it does nothing...:/ it doesnt even change at all

Only GSdx in the package of official beta can handle F9, not the one came with 0.9.6 release.

Using FFX-2 Movie Extractor to extract movies from your FFX-2 game disc.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
(03-24-2010, 03:11 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote:
(03-23-2010, 07:27 PM)eisaieleos Wrote: well basically when i press F9 during the FMVs or the gameplay it does nothing...:/ it doesnt even change at all

Only GSdx in the package of official beta can handle F9, not the one came with 0.9.6 release.

Using FFX-2 Movie Extractor to extract movies from your FFX-2 game disc.

so where can i get that one?
i mean where can i get the gsdx that can handle f9 , because i probably have the 0.9.6 release