Final Fantasy X-2 GS problem
Hi! I'm new here. Please Help me on my problem.. Smile

I'm having a problem on my gs plugin. I want to play FFX-2 but sadly I can't play it because of my graphics. When I loaded FFX-2, the emulator displays nothing. I can only hear the audio of the game.
I set the configuration to default. But still, nothing. gsdx32-sse2 and other gsdx plugins doesn't work.
I have the ZeroGS 0.97.1. It works but it is slow and the graphics are awful. The video blinks, the movie display is cut to half, and I can't put it to fullscreen because it displays only half of the actual game graphic. The fps reading drops then rises sharply.
I experimented on the configuration but nothing happened.
Can you recommend any configurations or plugins for my emulator? I'm dying to play this game... Mellow

My specs are
  • OS: Windows 7 starter, 32-bit, Service Pack 1 (I'm planning to upgrade it to windows 7 Ultimate after 2 weeks, so I would like to request a configuration for Ultimate)
  • model: HP pavilion dm1 notebook pc
  • processor: AMD E-450 with Radeon™ HD graphics 1.65 ghz
  • RAM: 4.00 Gb (2.00 Gb Usable)

Please help me. Thank you. Smile

Sponsored links

Make sure that you're using the latest version of PCSX2 and never use ZeroGS always use GSDX Smile also your Laptop is way too slow for FF X-2 atleast for the Movies, since they're also being used as a benchmark how fast your cpu is. The recommended cpu you should have for most games (Some are even heavier) is a Quad-Core @ 3.0 Ghz.
Okay. Thanks Smile
But can I still play the game on my laptop? The problem is if I use GSDX, there's no graphics (gsdx hardware). I can only hear the audio of the game. It's just all black. Although, the audio is clear and the speed of the audio closely resembles that of a real PS2.
Can you please suggest any configuration for GSDX? Thanks... Smile
(12-10-2012, 11:30 AM)EtherealKnight Wrote: Okay. Thanks Smile
But can I still play the game on my laptop? The problem is if I use GSDX, there's no graphics (gsdx hardware). I can only hear the audio of the game. It's just all black. Although, the audio is clear and the speed of the audio closely resembles that of a real PS2.
Can you please suggest any configuration for GSDX? Thanks... Smile

The problem is that game does not play the FMV in hardware mode correctly, does not matter the video card, at least not yet. So one workaround at the moment is to press F9 to toggle hardware/software mode.

But then will be hardly achieved full speed with the laptop, I'm afraid no amount of speedhacks will help there.

Once the game "really" starts and you gain control then things will be better but...

You may need to try a few things

1: make sure Windows will be using a "performance" power plan, that can be done under "Power Options" under Windows control panel, make sure to return to the plan being used now to spare the battery. Although suggesting it here, that option is less necessary with AMD CPUs, if not helping then consider not changing it at all.

2 - Under the "Config" button in the PCSX2 GUI there is the "Emulation settings", in any it's screens you'll see a little box at the bottom to activate the presets. Tick it and start moving the slide all the way right.

This will apply the speedhacks at max and will almost certainly be bad for many games... it's the start point. Once it is applied, retry the game, remember there is nothing you can do for the FMVs at this point, in hardware mode they are unplayable, in software mode they will run like a crawl.

But if the actual games becomes playable, that's it, you may want trying a less aggressive preset. The Ideal is having the less possible speedhacks and still something playable.

I wish you good luck. That laptop is indeed too slow to play most emulated PS2 games since some would challenge even the top line Intel and AMD of today.

PS: Ah, yes, of course, don't try anything above "native" resolution in the GS config, that would surely kill the hope of achieving any playable speed in Any game in this case. You could actually try custom and values like 512x360 to help things out. Don't be afraid to experiment, you can always return things to default easily in PCSX2.
Imagination is where we are truly real