Final Fantasy X-2 Settings ¿
Hey guys. I know there are so many threads on this topic because FFX-2 is a very demanding game but maybe someone can shed a little light for me in particular. Smile

The game-play itself is running fine I'd say. Even the cut-scenes are decent enough. There are some minor slower then faster dialogues going on but not so much as its a big problem.

The only thing that I could really use help on is the high def cut-scenes.
It is bad enough that it's ruining the experience Sad.
I am switching to software mode when cut-scenes come.

I am using all the recommended speed hacks: INTC Spin, Wait loop, mVU Flag, and also I have MTVU on as well.
I am using 3x Native.
Frame skipping disabled.
Frame-limiting is disabled.
Clamping: normal
Interlacing: Blend tff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)
Enable FXAA (checked)
Texture Filtering (checked)

Also I am using Direct3D11 (Hardware)

For the software mode switch I use when in cut-scenes I have it set at:
Extra Rendering Threads: 1
Edge Anti-aliasing (checked)

______
Here are my specs: (Laptop)

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz 44 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1853 (U3E1) 46 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
2757 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 7850M (HP)
Storage
698GB Seagate ST9750420AS (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
hp BD E DC6E2SH
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Thank you so much if you took the time to read all this and can help.. I know it's a lot.
<3 Smile
[Image: Mikebanner.jpg]

Sponsored links

So wait what are you asking for help on? Speed in those cutscenes?

Set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes! The speed in the cut-scenes.. it's pretty bad. Sometimes it just goes too slowly.
Okay I will try that. Would you recommend trying 2 or 3 first?
Thank you Blyss.

Edit: Ok, I read that a 4-core CPU (which is what I have) should be set to 2 threads..so I will try that.
Now when I switch to software mode are all the speed-hacks still active? If so, would that cause any problems?

Thnx!
Yes the hacks will still be active, no they shouldn't cause problems(unless you are using the slider hacks, the EE hack will screw with cutscene sometime).

Your CPU is 4 core, but has 8 threads from HT, so I'd go with 3 personally.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you for your time Blyss. I will go with 3. Smile
And since it's a laptop do make sure to play while plugged in and set power plan to high performance.
Awesome tip, didn't have it on high performance.
Woo can't wait to try this out..!
(01-17-2015, 10:34 PM)Spliffstar Wrote: Awesome tip, didn't have it on high performance.
Woo can't wait to try this out..!
Also, try enabling mtvu hack and check whether there is any increase in performance
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Quote:I am using all the recommended speed hacks: INTC Spin, Wait loop, mVU Flag, and also I have MTVU on as well.

Got it on. Smile
Seems to work well.
So just got to the most major cut-scene in FFX-2 and I ran it at 3 extra threads but it was going to fast! So I experimented, shut the game down about 4 times trying different things and finally got it. I turned off the MTVU hack and it slowed it down to perfection.
I'm happy. (;