Final Fantasy X-2 (ffx-2) FPS and gameplay problems
After posting my problems in a old thread, i thought id open a new one to ease the search for ppl with simular problems.

My Problem:
-FML's run at 30-40fps instead of 60.
-FML's are all chopped up while using hardware-mode (though they can be viewed perfectly using software-mode, they still run at 30-40fps).
-game runs at 30-60fps
-at mt.gagazet, after using the first elevator, the models of yuna, paine and rikku dissapear and the game freezes (shortly before it freezes the cpu-rate jumps to 90% and then settles at 50%).

My System:
Processor: Intel Core 2Duo Cpu E8400@3ghz 3ghz
Memory: 4gb
Graphics: HD4870 512mb

My Pcsx2:
Graphics
Cpu
Advanced
Speed Hacks

to enlarge a picture, simply click on it.

i can play Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 12 without any problems, so i think Final Fantasy 10-2 should work, too.

i have allready tried both, software-mode and hardware-mode, both with native resolution on/off.

i am using an .iso, but i hardly doubt that its corrupted, since there have been no complaints i know of.

any help would be gladly apreciated Wink

Sponsored links

The only thing i can think of it putting the Advance options on default. I've played though X-2 recently without any issues apart from broken FMV's with all advance settings on default.
Also what do you mean by "no complaints i know of"? The Iso should ripped from your own copy. I hope you didn't download it.
On your SPEEDHACKS settings, the first bit Emotion Engine (EE) Sync Hacks, select the last option which is x2 Cycle Rate Smile
Also you are using a pretty average Sound plugin try swithicng to Zero SPU or X somethign I forgot tthe name
(07-09-2009, 12:08 AM)pimpinpenguin Wrote: The only thing i can think of it putting the Advance options on default. I've played though X-2 recently without any issues apart from broken FMV's with all advance settings on default.
Also what do you mean by "no complaints i know of"? The Iso should ripped from your own copy. I hope you didn't download it.

some ppl have, what is comonly known as "real life friends" and theese "friends" (i know, a weird name), have computers, too Wink
though i dont know what programm he used, he said it ran just fine.
btw, i sold my old ps2 and ffx + ffx-2 a while ago, thats why i had to borrow his .iso in the first place. (biggest mistake i ever did, i truely regret it Mellow )
sorry for my sarcasm Happy

i do know the sites rules Tongue

Edit: ive turned the advanced options to default, as youve said and it seems to be running without any problems now.
thank you Wink
if i stumble upon anything, ill tell you.
did you chaneg the cycle rate like I said?
(07-09-2009, 12:51 AM)doofus86 Wrote: did you chaneg the cycle rate like I said?

no, i didnt, since my system is fast enough and doesnt need speed hacks Wink
it was a pure config problem.

but thanks!
every suggestion is allways welcome when asking for help Wink

ill see, if i can write a few config-guides for ffx, ffx-2 and ffxii to help other ppl who have the same specs, as i do.

been thinking about getting some other games, too, now that ive discovered pcsx2.
anybody any good ideas of which games to look for?
i thought of beyond good&evil, but havent found it in any stores yet =(
saw jack&dexter 1&2 though.

oh and does anyone know a way to mute only pcsx2 without muting the rest of the pc?
(07-09-2009, 02:00 AM)redrabbit Wrote: ...
oh and does anyone know a way to mute only pcsx2 without muting the rest of the pc?

open the settings of your spu plugin:
spu2-x: output settings->module->0 - no sound
peops spu2: general settings->volume->0: mute
zerospu2: tick "mute" checkbox
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
To help with the black screen or weird flicking with FMVs and hardware mode, the Interlacing = Blend bff or Blend tff work well with the latest GSDX for me.

Since no one replied to me last time, I'll repost part of it here as well.

With GSDX set to output to "NULL (NULL)" I still only get 32 fps. With speed hacks, it can get up to 40 fps as I recall. ZeroGS runs near 27 fps and actually renders the scene twice once on top and once on bottom with the bottom working less well. I noticed that the game screws around with the resolution doubling vertical resolution from whatever it was set to in GSDX config. With software mode sometimes its a blazing 3 fps and 100 CPU.

Opening Credit Cutscene (before new game) runs a perfect 60 fps with NULL driver. With Hardware mode it has problems with the graphical effects but runs near 60 fps. Software mode has same problems as hardware but freezes more. ZeroGS renders all of the graphics near perfectly at 60 fps for opening.

Given that I've used the GSDX NULL adapter and it still sucks could it be something else like bad ISO rip or CPU or Windows 7? Does the NULL (NULL) adapter still use the GPU? I assume not so upgrading the gfx card probably would not help.

Edit: Additional thought: Since it likes to run near 30 fps, could the interlacing be the key and confusing the engine into believing there is twice as many frames to render as there really are so it runs half as fast as it is supposed to?
(07-09-2009, 12:17 AM)redrabbit Wrote: i do know the sites rules Tongue

I don't think so.

Quote:i sold my old ps2 and ffx + ffx-2 a while ago

you need to own a PS2 and the games you play to legally use pcsx2. If you sold both, you don't own them anymore. Thus it's considered as piracy.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
actually, no it isnt.

every person has the right to create backup from a cd/dvd or whatever incase the original gets stolen/breaks, etc.

the copy may not be mine, its a friends, but since i owned the game, i dont see a moral dispute here Wink
(neither is there a legal one).

oh and btw, ofcourse i support games like ff, spellforce, c&c (the old games only), etc by purchasing them, since it are the good games, like spellforce who need the money to keep on publishing good games.