Final Fantasy X-2 is too slow! How to make it faster?
The opening title screen and such goes near full-speed, but when I click 'new game' the movie only plays in software mode at 5 FPS. In hardware it's faster but it never finishes! Battles are, with native settings, 7-10 FPS, and 15 with speed hacks. The menu screen is a little over 20 FPS, and everything else is pretty much the same.

My specs:

Intel Atom @ 1.60 GHz x 2; 400 MHz FSB.
Intel GMA 950 @ 1.2 GHz.
506 MB of DDR2 RAM.

I could only get it to work with one plugin and it has a nightmare. Kept claiming that my DX needed to be updated although I have the latest version for the GPU. One I got to bypass by tricking it and removing accompanying DLL file; took hours to do as well.

Boot screen with SCPH10001 works flawlessly and so does all the firmware stuff (memory card screen, system settings, etc.), but games are painfully slow. Why the boot screen works fine but not games?

Even in non-battles the scenes are so slow like in slow-motion, and takes 10 minutes to walk around the Celsius airship! PCSX2 is customizable and configurable, yes? How I can get greater speeds?

NOTE: I realize it's a low-end computer and not the best for PCSX2 (even smartphones play Gamecube games faster than my computer!), but there must be some theoretical way to make the games a pinch faster on same hardware, right? Software-adjusts? New hacks?

Sponsored links

How to make it faster: Get a better PC.

That PC will just not handle anything, sorry.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-16-2014, 08:41 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: How to make it faster: Get a better PC.

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶P̶C̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶r̶y̶

Ha ha, as I said I play all PSX and N64 with 2xSAI flawlessly so it's not a bad computer for under $60.00. I can play all PS2/Gamecube games with DX9 backend after altering the DLL, and can run Windows 98 in emulator. My question is, how can I make PCSX2 games (or a specific game) to get it faster purely with software adjusts? I can play the games fine but it's some debiliatiting to wait 6 times longer to get the same things done. Plus, I am getting a more stronger computer soon but until then I am looking for some tricks. Smile
There are no magic tricks. See the speedhacks panel? Try those. That's all you can do. If memory is a problem, maybe kill explorer with taskmgr while running pcsx2. You won't get anywhere near playable speeds on it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-16-2014, 08:45 PM)SchlickAttack Wrote: Ha ha, as I said I play all PSX and N64 with 2xSAI flawlessly so it's not a bad computer for under $60.00. I can play all PS2/Gamecube games with DX9 backend after altering the DLL, and can run Windows 98 in emulator. My question is, how can I make PCSX2 games (or a specific game) to get it faster purely with software adjusts? I can play the games fine but it's some debiliatiting to wait 6 times longer to get the same things done. Plus, I am getting a more stronger computer soon but until then I am looking for some tricks. Smile

Lose the attitude.

There aren't any magic tricks for pcsx2 to run well. Get a decent pc.

Edit: Damnit Blyss
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I vote for closing this thread without answering this.

( I mean you have an Atom.... have you ever heard something powerful called atom? You have a 1 GHz cpu.. 1GHz was the limit in the end of the 90's...In the end you have 506MB DDR2 RAM.. I guess this is minimum requirement for XP. You proably can not even run fluently Vista+ except for those starter/netbook versions )
Ha, guys I don't mean to be a jerk but I'm just saying it's not nice to insult my computer as a whole by saying I can't do anything with it. Can do loads of things with it just fine (Bochs, old OSes, PSX, N64, Code::Blocks development, 3-D games, 2-D games, watch HD videos, surf the web, play online media), it's just that PS2 games and PCSX2 seems to be a toughie, alongside other similar-power-hungry programs like Dolphin and RPCS3! That's right I can get the RPCS3 homebrews to work on it, but they go like 0.3 FPS and crash, and this is a PS3 emulator!

My ruling is that people underestimate my hardware and make it seem useless. 1 GHz Atoms are fine processors and can do many things if you know what they're capable of.
Not insulting. My statement was solely in reference to PCSX2. I had a weak computer a long time. I have a very small amount of money. I know what it's like. But I'm not gonna tell you lies to get your hopes up when it's simply not like that.
(10-16-2014, 08:50 PM)SchlickAttack Wrote: Ha, guys I don't mean to be a jerk but I'm just saying it's not nice to insult my computer as a whole by saying I can't do anything with it. Can do loads of things with it just fine (Bochs, old OSes, PSX, N64, Code::Blocks development, 3-D games, 2-D games, watch HD videos, surf the web, play online media), it's just that PS2 games and PCSX2 seems to be a toughie, alongside other similar-power-hungry programs like Dolphin and RPCS3!
I'm sorry if my tone was harsh, but we aren't going to sugarcoat stuff in order to give you false hope. I had an athlon 64 x2 4400+, radeon hd 4550, 3gb ram, and win vista sp1 32bit, so I know what it's like
You really can't do anything other than play on your ps2 until you get a better system.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-16-2014, 08:52 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You really can't do anything other than play on your ps2 until you get a better system.

Why? I can play on my computer! I told you guys it works, just slow. Laugh I also don't have any hopes to get up.

You have me wrongly framed ... I don't have hopes or dreams ... I have passions. I am not just a regular user like the ones that come here all the time. Wink I am a special kind of user that knows how people work.